Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Okay, how many of you have Maine Coone quilt inspectors? >

Okay, how many of you have Maine Coone quilt inspectors?

Okay, how many of you have Maine Coone quilt inspectors?

Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 PM

I keep seeing avatars with quilt inspectors who look awfully much like Maine Coones (or their close cousin, the Norwegian Forest Cat). If you've got one, please post a photo!

we believe this little rescue (Gryphon) has MC in him
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211175[/ATTACH]

Ditto with this little fuzz ball (Clio)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211176[/ATTACH]

more recent of Gryphon; note hair from ears
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211185[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211169.jpe   attachment-211170.jpe   attachment-211179.jpe  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 PM

Always wanted one but I guess it's not in the cards for me :? Yours are beautiful!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:50 PM

I think Belle has some Maine Coon or Norwegian forest cat in her. She has the ear fur.

I just noticed her one white whisker shows up really good in this picture. She always looks funny for awhile when it falls out.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211190.jpe  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:58 PM

I can only boast of having Norwegian forest quilt inspectors. yours look more like the Norwegian to me as they don't have that really square solid nose and chin but that could be the cross ??? is in them. they do look good tho.
I love cats so much but I am having to give most of mine away as I have 40 and I have to reduce my work load so if anyone wants a british shorthair or Scottish fold free to good home let me know. you would have to pay airfare tho, LOL
just remembered the Nowegians have a funny habit of there tail curling up over the body and down one side like a sqirrels tail it looks so cute
Old 06-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

I had a Maine Coon named Fluffles. He was such a character and we loved him dearly!! Love all the kitty pics here :)
Old 06-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Yeah, so far no true Maine Coones here (or NFC)-- mine are clearly only wannabe's; please post photos! ;-)

(I started this topic simply so I could see a bunch of photos of Maine Coones, especially as quilt inspectors.)
Old 06-13-2011, 07:16 PM

We had one for several years. My sister found her on her back steps when she wasn't any bigger than a mouse. She was sickly at first and spent her first few weeks lying on my chest as I sat in my recliner. Thought she wasn't going to live past kitten-hood. She was definitely a Momma's girl! She grew up to be a VERY big cat and she would often times jump on my chest in the morning to wake me up. It was like having CPR done by an elephant!
When she was about 15 yrs old she got hyperthyroidism and despite medication went down hill fast so I had to have her euthanized. I so loved my Flatus, she was one of my best quilting buddies.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Here's our KittyBee. We don't know anything about her bloodlines because someone abandoned her and her two sisters on the parking lot of a huge apartment complex in Irving, TX. They were 7 weeks old, and my daughter cared for them and found homes for them. The family member who had Bee gave her to us a couple of years later. She's now 9 years old and weighs about 18 pounds without being really fat. She's a sweetie who likes to curl up on my hubby's chest in the middle of the night and purr in his face.

KittyBee
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211210[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211204.jpe  
Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
Here's our KittyBee. We don't know anything about her bloodlines because someone abandoned her and her two sisters on the parking lot of a huge apartment complex in Irving, TX. They were 7 weeks old, and my daughter cared for them and found homes for them. The family member who had Bee gave her to us a couple of years later. She's now 9 years old and weighs about 18 pounds without being really fat. She's a sweetie who likes to curl up on my hubby's chest in the middle of the night and purr in his face.
NOW that is what I would call a main coon with such a lovely solid nose and chin and such big boning. he would look good on any showbench.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by litacats

NOW that is what I would call a main coon with such a lovely solid nose and chin and such big boning. he would look good on any showbench.
Thank you! She's our Bee-utiful Beestie, but she came by her looks entirely by chance. The mother cat gave birth on a balcony of one of the apartments, and the apartment dweller fed her, but eventually she disappeared. The kittens had been weaned, and the apartment manager took them in, but when her young son had an allergic reaction, she just shoved the kittens out the door. My daughter, who lived above the manager, asked her why the kitties were out, and it wound up that the manager allowed her to take them in long enough to find homes. My daughter already had 2 cats, which was the limit allowed - good thing, or she might have kept them all.