Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Old Bias Tape

Old Bias Tape

A friend gave me some old sewing supplies from her grandma. There lots of packages of bias tape. Does anyone know what to use it for? I'm a beginner quilter, but not much of a seamstress, but I just hate to throw it away. Any ideas?
    Thanks

you can use bias tape to go around the edges of place mats.......mug rugs.....table runners....doll blankets....pet blankets. If you don't want it you could always go to the "for sale" forum on this board and offer it for sale or you could offer it to someone that does charity things. Just some thoughts there....I am sure others have ideas to use it for to.
    Hope that helps.
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Power Poster
    Bias tape can be used to put the edge and hanging loop on pot holders. Spaghetti straps for tops. There is a really cute quilt top in an Argyle patterns done with just diamonds and the bias tape is stitched on top for the design. Very cute! If it's green, it could become bias stems for applique. If it's black or grey, it could be the edge on a stain glass pattern. Some people like to use it to edge baby bibs. It can be stitched down as alphabet letters on a quilt top. Lots and lots of uses for it.

Blog Entries
    Or you can use it as embellishment on a crazy quilt.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

I use it to bind baby bibs made from washcloths and on my vintage aprons. One pattern needs about six yards of the stuff.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Thank you everyone!

I make Christmas stockings and use bias tape to go around the outside edges (When sewing the front onto the back) and also for the hangers on the stockings.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    Thank you, awf60, for asking your question. I have bias tape left over from years ago. The ladies have provided both of us with uses.