Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Old fashion home remedies for diaper rash >

Old fashion home remedies for diaper rash

Old fashion home remedies for diaper rash

Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Banned

Thank you every one for the replies. We decided to try the pure lard first and for the first little while it seemed to really clear it up, but then it got worst again. We tried and oat meal bath tonight and we will try the corn starch as well. Letting it air dry as well so we will see how it progresses tomorrow. I am going to our tlc (farm store ) tomorrow for Bag Balm. I haven't been able to find some of the items listed here, so I am not sure they are available but I have my list and I will keep looking. Regards!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 PM

Coconut Oil!!! That is always what I used after buying tube after tube of "butt paste"! If it was really persistent I would give a small dose of Colloidal Silver. The real stuff from a natural food store NOT Walmart or anything like that.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Boudreaux's Butt Paste, yes that's a real product. It works!!

This is an amazing product. In this area you sometimes have to ask the druggist for it. (Don't have a clue why though)
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 AM

My grandson had a diaper rash that we could not get rid of no matter what we tried. One day my dad was babysittting him and he heated some bacon grease and then put enough cornstarch in it to make a paste and let it cool. He smeared it all over the baby's butt and the next morning it was gone. He never had diaper rash again.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Banned

Well, we kept using the lard to give it a decent chance, and wow after a few more days it did the trick. I am guessing it worsened due to teething as that seemed to get worse at the same time. Now that the teeth have settled down again, the rash got a lot better. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 PM

My second child came home from hospital with a red bottom. Dr. advised leave off diaper and put a lamp on him. Of course, not close....His bassinet was in the living room nearby and we never left him unattended while the lamp was on.. I had to rinse his cloth diapers at least twice before using until he was trained. Don't remember any medicine for him.