Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
One more time Thank you all!! >

One more time Thank you all!!

One more time Thank you all!!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:42 PM

I know it is said a lot but really this group is amazing I have been quilting for some time and only quilt what is comfortable. You may not know it but the words you say when someone post a comment or the Pay it forwards have touched my heart and made me feel like I matter. Silly yes but when you don't get a lot of kudos at home they reall do matter. The stories bring hope to those who are lost. Joy to those who need it. And laughter just when you thought you could not laugh. It is hard to run a board like this and I have to give kudos to the moderators you have a tough job putting your foot down sometimes. I know that not all boards are perfect but this one comes as close as you can get. I am even going to try new things like the New york beauty, I am getting some paper pieced patterns in the mail and I cannot wait to do them. I am greatful for the times I can send a note and get a response quite quickly and it doesn't even matter how long a person has been on this board you treat them like they have been here forever. Ok maybe the medication is talking but I really love this group and cannot wait to see where it takes me!!! Have a great Sunday and peaceful week!! Jade
Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Power Poster

I second that!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:42 PM

Here are people who love the same things we do. Here the people have the same lives with fabric, see the same patterns and are in awe of them when we see the magnificent creations that are shown here. Here are masses of people from all over the world who CARE for others. We'll most likely never meet face to face, but we are sisters (and brothers) under the skin. We love fabric and what we can do with it.

We're all a little bit nuts to the outside world, we're the ones who take big pieces of fabric and cut them into little pieces and then sew them back together.

The rest of the world might not quite understand this, but WE do. So we're family here. Ask, complain, show pictures, cry on our collective shoulders and we will respond to our online family.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Izy

Here Here :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:11 AM

Agree 100% :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-19-2010, 03:08 AM

We may seem a little bit nuts to outsiders but a little bit nuts helps a whooooole lot. They may not understand us but they usually love what we create.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Power Poster

Would like to add my name to all of above.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

Jade, I love your post.
Life is challenging to be sure and sometimes it almost seems to swallow us up if that makes any sense. I love coming here for the love and friendship, besides tons of great advice, laughs etc. It's my little place to go where I always fit in.
Quilters are a caring bunch from my experience.
In this big universe each one of us is very special, unique, and loved :D
And......... we are all connected. That is my own personal philosophy!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:00 AM

As close as my daughter and I are, when I speak of anything that uses a needle or sewing thread she gets that "let me smile and be nice" look on her face. My granddaughter gets the "OH, let me see!" look on her face. My husband is very interested and knowledgeable but the remote control always wins in the end.
I come to the Quiltingboard when I want to close out the rest of the world and 'go away' for awhile to live in my dreamland. I respect and value the post and responses. I feel I am included and I feel my thoughts and ideas matter.
Thank you to all of us for making each other feel as I do.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 AM

Thank you from me, also! I echo what quiltforme said! Maybe it's why so many find it "addictive" here. Thank you all!