Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It was one of those quilting days. >

It was one of those quilting days.

It was one of those quilting days.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

I got up this morning ready to finish my John Deere quilt my DD ask me to make. I sat down to sew and was greeted by my DDs cat. Getting her to move is a job, but I finally got started. Sew, sew ,sew and than turn to do a little more cutting. Same cat, same trouble. I gave up for a while and just spent some quality time petting her. :D :D Do you have the same problems with your cats.

Yikes!!!!! Who is that peeking at me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54430[/ATTACH]

She had taken over my quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54431[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54430.jpe   attachment-54431.jpe  
Old 11-23-2009, 08:21 PM

Kitty just wanted some lovin'. :D :D :D :D
Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 PM

Well, if it was production you were seeking, it might have been frustrating, but considering that both quilting and cat petting are therapeutic, it sounds like you had a good session :)
Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

Obviously you had your priorities in the wrong order :wink: LOL
Old 11-23-2009, 10:50 PM

Beautiful kitty.... who just wanted some lovin..

I have 2... first we have Cali... who will tackle you when/if you have to go to the bathroom.. you can hardly get in there and close the door before she butts her head through to come in to "see what you're doin".. and while you're there not doing anything, you can pet her...OR when you're fixing dinner, smack dab right in the middle of the kitchen floor lays this blob of a cat.. and she will NOT move..

Then we have Tigger... who waits for me while I"m in brushing my teeth in the mornings...the minute I head for the bedroom door to get dressed, he's rubbing all over my legs, talking to me wanting lovin'.. so I pick him up and he's totally freaked out by the ceiling fan.. (which has been on forever), but he's still freaked out by it..so he gets all his lovin', follows me out of the bedroom and needs to talk to me all the way to the sewing room.. where he continues to talk .. so yeah, I know your pain! but they are sooo loveable!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:13 AM

In the bottom pic it looks like she's just daring you to try to make her move. :D

My cats NEVER do anything wrong. They never sit or lay where they're not wanted, such as on the sewing machine, or the cutting board, or right under my chin on my chest between my face and the book I'm trying to read, or on my chest blocking my view of the television, or on the cable box in the bedroom, or on my pillow, or DH's pillow, or on the dining room table. They never try to get on my lap when I'm, um, well, going to the bathroom, or lay in the sink when I'm trying to wash my face, or climb into a basket of clean laundry fresh out of the dryer. They never slip between the slats on the mini blinds so they can sit in the window and look outside. And of course they'd never, ever break said slats to get them out of the way so they have a nice large hole to crawl through to look out the window. And they never throw up on our bed, over and over, or on the dresser (that the cable box is on), or in my shoes, or in a basket of clean, freshly washed clothes or sheets. And they never all lay on me at once when I'm in the recliner, one on my chest, one on my lap, and one on my legs, so that I can't possibly move without upsetting them.

No, my cats NEVER do any of those things.

Yeah, right!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 AM

Sandy1951---We must have the same cats!! Mine are like yours, they would never do those things! LOL!! I just don't know how I managed to find 4 well behaved kitties!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 11-24-2009, 07:55 AM

LOL, funny kitty!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

I have three cats and they do love to get in our laps when we are trying to read a book. how dare we read!!
they aren't allowed in my sewing room. but they do follow me downstairs and wait for me. good kitties. :mrgreen:
Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 AM

I think Sandy's cats must be related to my three!! At first I thought they had moved to her house...but no...here they are!!