Orthotic Shoe Inserts

Old 06-05-2011, 09:02 PM

I just watched an interesting infomercial on an orthotic product called Walk-Fit Platinum. I would love to know if anyone out there has used these shoe inserts, and if they were found to live up to the advertising. I've tried just about every insert available at WalMart, except the Dr. Scholls ones that cost over $60.00 and none of them do much. I could sure use something that helped my feet and some of my other grumpy joints!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 PM

I have had problem feet most of my life, and tried all kinds of inserts... I'll probably sound like a commercial, but I only wear Merrell shoes and have for the past 5 years. Everyone that I tell about them say that they love them. Hard to find in a store, but you can buy them direct from Merrell's online store or even on Ebay.

Even Dr. Oz wears them, and told about them on his show. They cost around $80 a pair, but last forever. They help me a lot with lower back pain, too. Better balance, etc. I even use mine for house slippers.

Hope you try them...
Old 06-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Power Poster

Brenda, YES! Merrell shoes are great! I also have trouble with shoes, not so much my feet, but my back and balance. Have most of my life.
I also love New Balance sneakers. I don't skimp when it comes to shoes!! Not worth the pain!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:17 PM

I broke my ankle in the mid 70s, and despite the first diagnosis
of never walking agin, I did the exercises the doctor gave me every hour on the hour, and I was walking nicely within a year. Still hurts when the weather is cold or changing, just like arthritis sufferers.
I can wear most anything for an hour or two, but for day long walking I go back to my beloved Cowboy Roper lace ups. The lace ups I can tighten enough to act more or less as a brace. Sometimes I put in a Dr. Schol's insert, but with or without them these boots are by far the most comfortable I've ever found. And I've tried many of others over the years, still have lots in my closet, but have now worn out the last pair of ropers and going tomorrow to a ranch supply store to get another pair.
They don't look bad with jeans or slacks, which I do wear most of the time.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:40 PM

i also had trouble with my feet and had surgery for corns and in grow nail,so since then i only buy good shoes for my feet and well worth it.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:42 PM

I wear diabetic shoes and have orthodic inserts that are made for my feet. I know that the shoes can cost a couple hundred dollars or more and I am not really sure how much the orthodic inserts cost, but I do know that they are worth it. And I think most insurances pay for it, I know that mine did.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM

Birkenstock has a great insert...at least they used to have one. My pain was so bad one day and I happened to be parked in front of the Birkenstock store so I went in. They put that insert in my shoe and it instantly took the pressure off of my heel. I told the guy, "I will pay whatever it takes to have these." I don't remember how much they were but it was worth if. Wore them for years and years until I had some especially made for me. They were a God send, an answer to all my foot problems. Don't konw if they still have them or not.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 PM

I wear new balance. Since then haven't fell once will have to check morells tho.
Good luck with inserts. Hubby had a pr made couldn't wear them
Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 AM

Merrell or SAS all the way!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:49 AM

Tried walk fit and really didn't like them - they are very hard, but do have a great arch support. Quit using them when foot doctor suggested orthodic ones custom fit by foot doctor. My insurance paid all but $100 of them but you can move them from dhoe to shoe and now no more foot problems of any kind. Well worth the money spent.