Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Hobbies..??

Quilting is a wonderful hobby, but what else do you all enjoy? I have a hobby started in 6th grade ( about 50 years ago) ! I collect wooden pencils! I especially love bullet pencils, but they are hard to find anymore. Woods with advertising that includes the city and state. Banks, Schools, Insurance Co. or anything. If you have any unsharpened ones laying around, I would pay postage if you want to get rid of them! There is even an organization for us...The American Pencil Collector's Society. We meet every 2 years and have a ball. Joy

OH I may have a couple I will have to look.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Wow! I never would have thought of collecting those! That's cool:) I have a collection of music boxes from all over the world from my travels. I no longer collect them but I love the ones I have. I did it for around 30 years. I have a charm bracelet with charms from the US places I've been and those collectible spoons but that one is finished also. I don't even display the spoons- they are in attic maybe even ruined from the heat/cold :( I golf, cross stitch, crochet, knit, paint and do all other kinds of crafts. Beading is my lastest hobby.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    We are campers and along with that we do a lot of hiking, kayaking, birdwatching, wildlife watching, wildflower/tree/etc. identifying.

I also have a large flower garden and vegetable garden.

I also enjoy counted cross stitch, reading (got a Nook for Christmas), my flower gardens, and I collect Father Christmas in statue, patchwork or cross stitch.

Quilting is more than a hobby--it's my avocation. If I'd discovered quilting earlier, I'd likely have gone to art school instead of graduate school. My thesis would have been completed years earlier if I could've quilted it. I also love gardening, especially medicinal herbs and foods to feed the family. Then, there is cooking...my husband and I make that family time and my/our daughter loves joining us. It's actually how she and Steve bonded when he came into the family. Before quilting, I did lots of knitting, garment sewing, cross-stitch, crewel embroidery and needlepoint.

Just curious...how do you store or display pencils?

I write, read, knit and sometimes cook something fun or creative.

Blog Entries
    I know this doesn't count, but i still have some pencils i ordered with my son's name on them when he was little. he's 43 now!!

Do you trade them with other members! In the pencil group? I have several of one that are not sharpened.

Blog Entries
    I race homing pigeons.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast