Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Other than quilts and quilted things... >

Other than quilts and quilted things...

Other than quilts and quilted things...

Old 07-21-2015, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post
I enjoy cross stitching as well, especially incorporating beads and specialty threads/braids in the designs. The more complex - the more I like it. Here is a Christmas stocking I just completed for my nephew, it is from the Heirloom Collection designed by Donna Cooler. I've done 8 stockings so far, for immediate family.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525696[/ATTACH]
I enjoy most needlework, cross stitching, embroidery, needlepoint. I also cross stitch or paper embroider cards. I am open to trying most any craft. Love this stocking, it is really well done. I am just figuring out about using beads and such to add to my work.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:39 AM
dd

If it's made of fabric and fits in my machine, I have probably made it. The stranger things I've made lately are monkey beds for a local rehab/zoo, monthly pads for my daughter who doesn't like to add to the landfill and nursing pads for same reason. After her friends saw the nursing pads they all wanted them too. Now that is part of the gifts I make for showers.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:14 AM

I costume for the local high school productions and then also for a local community theater.

I also knit, crochet and do cross stitch. After I finish the 2 quilts I have to machine quilt this week I will be starting on things for my niece's shower. I am making her a Carpenter's Wheel quilt. I am also helping with the favors. We are knitting aprons out of cotton yarn to put on dish detergent bottles. They are really cute.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Clothes, purses, machine embroidery, crochet, home dec.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:37 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I atv, rock hound, gold pan,camp, crochet, craft many different items (right now its Trivets made with tongue depressors and beads), quilt/embroider/sew bandannas for a dog rescue (Great Danes), have veggie gardens, rose gardens and miscellaneous flower gardens. Do some wood working. I also sew garments for the granddaughters upon request!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:21 AM

I sew all kinds of things clothes for my self, mending, pin cushions, craft items. In the past I have done costuming, tailoring, upholstery, you name it I have probably made it. I love to do different things.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:04 AM

I make potato bags that you can bake a potato or two in microwave,, also dishcloths, can use them for dust rags, windows washing, clean car with, scrub shower, throw in the laundry and reuse all the time! Have fun, if need a pattern, send message. Marilyn
Old 07-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

I use to cross stitch but it is hard to see and count the holes so I just piece quilt tops.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 AM

I can't sew clothes, but I do make all kinds of other household items: Curtains, drapes, valances, pillows, pot holders, placemats, shower curtain, table runners, night stand runner, bags, wall hangings... I'm strictly a fabric person though. I'm no good with needles for knitting or needlework of any kind.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:28 AM

You are all so talented ! I love to garden, sew bags for kids and grandkids, make quilts for LWR and make diapers for LWR layettes (out of old T shirts), do hairpin lace (can do this while riding in a car or bus) and embroidery. Have been collecting items to do garden art. When I get some done and learn how to post pictures I will try to learn that!