Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Other uses for quilting items

Quote Originally Posted by Letty View Post
    My husband and I, now getting on in years, were discussing ddental problems and how much good our new mouth wash was, I told him that because I eat bread which is coated with seeds that I often use my quilting thread as dental floss. He thought this was hilarious ! I pointed out that I didn't then go on to use it for sewing and threw it away.He is still having a giggle about it.
    Hey, I've used thread for this, too. Who has time to run to the bathroom for floss when thread is right there? Yes, I've also had the thread break & get stuck so I still had to go for floss. Oh well, it's worth it for the times it worked. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    I've done that. Use a piece of thread instead of getting up and going down the hall to the bathroom. My husband laughed at me also for doing the same thing but yet he'll grab a post it note or note or news paper and use that. It's just what is ever handy. But I'm like "ok I know where the thread came from. the dogs were playing with the newspaper.
    I read this and I am still laughing at my miss interpretation..How do you "use thread instead of going to the bathroom"? Thought for sure there was a new use for thread
    I use needles sometimes instead of dental floss.. but dental floss is great for bead work..(gotta get off QB and get some projects done!)

Hey, I've used thread often as dental floss, I just triple it. I also carry dental floss in my travel sewing kit, the glove compartment, my purse, etc. Can't stand having something stuck in my teeth!!! Drives me nuts!
    Karen in Kentucky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2