Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Our $5 Chandler HP2 pinking machine

Our $5 Chandler HP2 pinking machine

At the same auction at which we bought our tan FW for $35, we bought an odd looking little cast iron machine device that made us wonder "what is this thing??". Research and help from folks on a leather working forum my DH participates in reveals that it is a "pinking machine" from the 1930's(?). Beautifully made and not a speck of rust, this little fella is neat just to play with. A $5 bill well spent we think.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Country 1

That is a very neat looking machine. The funny part of it is it might be worth much more than you paid. Definitely look into that.

Kat

is it for pinking leather? or what. very interesting.
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

Blog Entries
    Definitely interesting. What was it used for?
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

I have my grandmoher's pinking machine. I loved to play with it when I was little.

This is Penny's husband Don, adding a little information . Thank you for your compliments all. The final determination as to what it is was made when some other members on a leather crafting forum I joined saw the photos. A link was posted to the international sewing machine collectors where I saw a photo of different pinking machines. Among them were Singers, this one, and I think others too. Really a treat to see old photos of machines we didn't even know existed. Penny and I love collecting old sewing machines and sewing accessories. This will be displayed proudly with our stuff. Don
    Country 1

Puppy looks like she's hoping she's not about to be "pinked".

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Puppy is probably wondering what all the fuss is about and its not about her/him LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Great find---a pinking machine and a $35 FW. Your lucky day.