Our animals

Old 05-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

I've noticed how many of these posts are about our animals

The joy of having them and the sadness when they are sick and/or die

I think for many of us our pets matter to us more than most of the humans we know. (After all, how many people sleep with us and "help" with our quilting?)

This is where I came when I had to put my cat down - the human family I live with were not "available" that night and the board members were.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

I know what you mean. My babies are the most important thing to me. Years ago, when I was a newlywed, my hubby and I had an argument over something, don't remember what. He glared at me and said "You love that damned cat more than you love me". I looked him dead in the eye and replied very calmly and very seriously "Honey, when I've had you twelve years we'll discuss it". Had the cat another seven years. Can't say the same for the guy.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:52 PM

Where else can you get unconditional love? :lol:
Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Where else can you get unconditional love? :lol:
That and they're (at least dogs) so THRILLED to see you, even if you just stepped out the door and came back. They let me put my cold feet on their warm bellies, (the girls), and want to just be with you. They don't care if you haven't done the dishes, stayed in your jammies all day...
Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 PM

How true is that i wasnt a pet person of any kind then i got a kitten for my ex. ive had my cat for 9 years now and shes the best. always around and always glad to see me. i think keeping the cat was a good trade off. :)
Old 05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

Heck, they PREFER it if you stay in your jammies all day. That means more snuggles for them!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 AM

I agree with everything said. Most of our animals are outside--the dogs come in when it's storming--one is scared of lightning--or when it's cold. But for me--they balance my life. They provide physical work--to help stay in shape; they provide a routine that's comforting when scary issues happen outside the home, whether community or world; and they provide another place for me to take my love out on something.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 AM

My cats have always been my stress relievers. When I've had a bad day, they are there with a loving purr. They listen attentively...most of the time, even if they don't understand what I'm saying.
I think it's great to stay in jammies all day at times. Our animals don't change their coats. lol

When we were in GA getting ready to move to HI, we were debating on what to do about the cats. I was having a fit that I couldn't take them with me and resigned myself to the fact that we would have to take them to my mom and dads. Well, one day hubby came home from work and said we needed a family meeting. We sat down and talked about what to do with the cats. Since it was going to cost about $2000 total, money we didn't really have, hubby said he would take advance pay to pay for them to move with us. He said that since he was going to be at sea most of the time, I NEEDED the cats for my sanity. What a good guy huh? Plus, he also knew that if we REALLY did have to take the cats to my parents, he probably would be adopting a couple more the minute we landed in HI.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Banned

many times i get ignored when i'm sick, but not my boys. i have mini drs 24-7..... they never tell me they love me , but they show it in so many ways... :D
Old 05-25-2009, 06:04 AM

I go to bed about 11 every night, dog at my feet, cat at my head. I don't have to call them they just come. They are my favorite company and best behaved, not always the best smelling lol :wink: I love them :D