Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Our user names

When I started working as a teaching assistant with kindergartners in a self-contained special ed. classroom, I knew my last name would be hard for them to pronounce. So for eleven years and many grade levels later I was known as Mrs. M. I liked it and many people still call me it even though I was laid off from school 3 years ago because of budget cuts.

I picked mine because of my ds. I do recognize a couple on here from old chatroom days. Perhaps others will know me as nascarquilter. Nascar fanatic and quilter, what else LOL I would like to change mine, as some have said also, but can't figure out how to do it.

Blog Entries
    Mine is because I am a country girl & I am a quilter/crafter. countrycrafter was in use so was countryquilter, so I just spelled it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiemay View Post
    Mine is a combination of my knickname & my favorite song.
    I love that song, too.

Mine came from my email address. Sparky was my dog - he's gone now but never forgotten - and Jack is my avatar. Here's Sparky:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pat

I love to wear flip flops , the closest to bare foot you can get. Found this picture of a pair (somewhere???) thought it fit .
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

My user name comes from what I love to do......share. What I make (sewing, crafts, canning and etc.) and bake, I SHARE. Hopefully, some day I will share one of my quilt creations with myself. Have made quilts almost 30 years and only own the one I made for my mother's 90th b'day and got back when she passed 5 years ago.

Blog Entries
    My husband talked me into getting my Amateur Radio license many years ago and this is the callsign he picked for me when we had a chance to apply for vanity callsigns. The W7 denotes where I live and my first name is SUE. Because it is a unique callsign I usually don't have too much trouble using it for computer names.

When i was three years old my Mom decided to give me a baby brother well when he started talking he could not say my name right and it always came out as mkay so the rest of the family started calling me that too so ive always been mkay.

When I hit 55 I decided I wanted to do something fun or quirky - only red purses from then on. I then became the "redpurselady". It also gave me an excuse to buy red purses :-)
    "May the works of my hands be pleasing in Your sight, O God."
    From 'A Quilter's Prayer' by Patricia Hauze

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mine I came up with when I first started teaching myself to quilt because I was doing alot of reading of quilt books and getting ideas and was taking it Day by Day so thats how I came up with Quilter Day by Day.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast