Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Our user names

Our user names

Where does your user name come from? Some names are obvious, as they contain part of our name, and some others have a sewing connotation to them that are kind of funny, but others are just a mystery.

Mine, for example - Prissnboot. It was my very first email address. I've always liked cats, and wanted to have "pussnboot" but AOL had to put a number behind it to make it unique, and I didn't like that, so I changed it to Prissnboot instead. Since I live in Texas and am a girly girl, it is kind of appropriate - sort of a Miss Priss in Boots, if you will.

So, what's the story behind your user name?
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

I'm another Mary living in Missouri. I've also wondered the same thing about some of the names too. I tried several different names when I signed up but none were accepted as is, so I just kept trying. Some of the names chosen are so long and some are perplexing to me. One thing is ... they are all unique!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Good question. Most think that my username has some sort of negative connotation. The fact is that my husband's last name is Fear and I am Mrs Fear, but since I live in "the South" I thought that missus was more suitable since no one here says, "how's your wife, the say how's the missus."
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

My userid is part of my last name and part of my childhood nickname.

Mine is pretty obvious! Some times I spend as much time ripping as stitching!!!

Blog Entries
    My daughter needed a name for one of her stuffed toys, one of the larger Beanie babies. She and her best friend often bought the same toys and created personalities for them so they would interact at playtime. The friend had just bought her Beanie and named it Rainbow, and my daughter wanted a colorful name for hers. I came up with Prism, and Prism over the years became her favorite stuffed toy. When I tried it for my login (several places, even before the QB), that name was always taken, even with a number after it, so I came up with Prism99 and have used it ever since! Apparently most people give up before they get to 99.......

Mine is my name from an old knitting forum, before I crossed to the dark side - and the ocean!
    Lang may yer lum reek.

I'm Scissor Queen because I have a whole lot of scissors. I know there are a few people that have more than I do but I got the name first.

My name honors an old Medicine Man from South Dakota. He has long since gone on his journey home to our ancestors.
    But a part of him remains here with us.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

This is my cats name. She is a Mane Coon and thinks she is hot stuff. Me too lol

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast