Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Out of Floor Soap

Blog Entries
    I need to mop the living room and hallway, and we have hardwood floors. We are out of floor soap and won't be able to get some till next week...

What can I use to clean the floor, that I can quickly make and use?

I read that vinegar and water can do the trick. Is this safe to use on the floor?

This is a great link. I use vinegar and water but make sure the mop is wrung out real well. I don't use a string mop as it holds too much water.

Blog Entries
    We have a sponge mop... It's easier to clean with in my personal opinion. I just need to get the floor done... lol... but now I have to wait for my sister to get home... I'm watching my niece...I can at least pick up the floor and sweep... I want it done by the time mom gets home...

Any one have any anti itch home remedies for mosquito bites? lol my knees, heels, ankles, and foot itch! as do my arms!

baking soda and water made into a paste might help with the itching.

Quote Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
    We have a sponge mop... It's easier to clean with in my personal opinion. I just need to get the floor done... lol... but now I have to wait for my sister to get home... I'm watching my niece...I can at least pick up the floor and sweep... I want it done by the time mom gets home...

Any one have any anti itch home remedies for mosquito bites? lol my knees, heels, ankles, and foot itch! as do my arms!
    grind up some oatmeal, make a paste & apply to the bites, or use some Milk of Magnesia (sp?) That'll dry the bites out, also a half a benadryl will help block the histamines.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I'll try those out! Maybe we should start a thread on home remedies, from cleaning products to getting out the bug bites.

If the skeeter bites haven't been scratched opened, apply nail polish. (Clear is best unless you don't mind colored spots.) If they've been scratched open, don't use the nail polish because it'll sting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
    Thanks! I'll try those out! Maybe we should start a thread on home remedies, from cleaning products to getting out the bug bites.

Great idea about home remedies! I make my own laundry soap and colloidal silver water and gel for use as antibiotic. I also make a moisturizing ointment that works great for my son's psoriasis. I'm looking into making my own shampoo and conditioner and even soap with no lye. I know...I'm weird. hehe

Blog Entries
    Thats cool! It is weird, but cool. Whats colloidal silver water?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast