Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: pages of threads

pages of threads

How many pages do you go thru to follow a thread before you escape to another one, or to another category, or back to forum?

Blog Entries
    I follow a lot of threads by subscribing to them (or posting to them) and then clicking on the little arrow circled in blue that takes me to the "last post read" by me in that thread. Saves a lot of time.

I also use the "archive" option at the bottom of the screen to find new recent threads (as opposed to old threads that someone has just made a new post to). This saves me a lot of time, as I can simply take a look at new threads to pick out those that interest me.

With these options, I usually am not reading more than a page of posts at a time in any one given thread, and often just one or two posts at a time.

Blog Entries
    if a thread runs for multiple pages, it isn't always easy to decide whether or when to stop reading.

you'd be surprised how much you can miss by assuming you've seen all there is to see before you get to the end of a thread. there are often very unique nuggets and gems scattered throughout what appear to be many versions of the same comment or answer to a question.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

where's the "like" or "I agree" button ... to Patrice's post.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I think I had to go to the 3rd page tonight of the Non-Quilting Topics to see if anyone had responded. Thanks to those who did. I find that I try to read thru so I won't say something that someone else has already said -- unless it is something I need to agree with. Again, thanks.