Pain free finally!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:55 AM

your Doctor would know, but I think it is 60, I use to take it, but it didn't really help my kind of pain. It made me gain weight and since it was no help the Doc had me stop, I lost 20 lbs in 6 months, and I didn't even change my diet.

Originally Posted by nellie
what kind of paln pill is it ,im asking because i have pain all the time and i take percocetfor my pain but it only works for 5 to 6 hours,maybe i can ask my doctor about this Lyrica what dose this med due for pain
Old 12-20-2010, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

So glad you are feeling better!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by nellie
what kind of paln pill is it ,im asking because i have pain all the time and i take percocetfor my pain but it only works for 5 to 6 hours,maybe i can ask my doctor about this Lyrica what dose this med due for pain
It is for nerve damage pain. So it works for fibromyalgia and diabetic neuropathy

I'm not worried about the weight gain as I'm way more active now and will actually be able to start walking my treadmill as soon as I get it unburied!!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 AM

Glad to hear it works for you. I tried it and it made me feel "funny" and I felt swollen - like when you retain water. My hubby takes it and it works great for him. Yah...no more pain.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:41 AM

That is such good news!! I wish it had worked for me. I had to quit taking it because of side effects. I take cymbalta now with no bad side effects!
I hope you continue to feel so good. Just be careful not to overdo it... :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

I've been wondering about asking myDoctor about that or at least telling my sister who is worse off than i am.
thanks,
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
just wanted to let you guys know that Lyrica is a wonder drug!!! Since I started taking it a few days ago I'm completely pain free!!! I almost feel like I could run down the street! Just last week I could barely crawl out of bed.

Now I can get down the stairs to my sewing room. Just finished two soft books for my DGD. Hoping to make 2 more and some soft blocks before the big day. :-D
Glad to hear the Lyrica works. However, a word of caution. I was on it for nearly 3 months before I started having slurred speech and talking basically jibberish or off the wall things at work. Dr. told me to go to ER, sounded like a stroke. Long story short, it wasn't. They did discover I have some mild scarring on my brain from VITAMIN D & B deficiencies! Who would have thought! I got those under control but was still having involuntary muscle jerks, felt like my tongue was to big for my mouth, etc. They didn't think it was the Lyrica because I had been on it for 3 months when the symptoms started.

However, to make a very long story short after nearly a year on Lyrica, I began to think Lyrica might be at the heart of some of my symptoms that were not resolving. Spoke to the neurologist and asked to try something else. They weaned me off Lyrica and changed me to Cymbalta and I feel like a new person!

So, if you start behaving strangely or feeling sleepy a lot, it could be a build up of the Lyrica. I hope you stay pain free and symptom free!

Merry Christmas,
Peggy
Old 12-20-2010, 11:43 AM

Wow, i felt all tingly the first time i was worked on by a chiropractor! and recently had bursts of energy after sprinkling my yogurt with FLAX seed...it's amazing what works for diff folks...
Old 12-20-2010, 01:51 PM

So glad to hear that you have found something that works for you! :)
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
So, if you start behaving strangely or feeling sleepy a lot, it could be a build up of the Lyrica. I hope you stay pain free and symptom free!

Merry Christmas,
Peggy
Thanks...I'll watch for this. I'm wondering if they kept cranking up your dosage? I never let my dr.s increase dosages on my meds. I learned a long time ago that the absolute smallest dose available works for me and if they increase the dosage I start having all kinds of problems. Heck...I take half of a children's dose of benadryl and it works great for me!!