Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain Pillow

Blog Entries

Pain Pillow

My sis in S.C. sent me a 'Pain Pillow'--it is fantastic and believe me, it works. I do not want to tear pillow apart to find out what is inside it. Feels like some kind of seed. This unit can be put in microwave, no water--do not get it wet. After pillow becomes too flat, just throw away. Any idea on what is on the inside? I thought I might try my hand at this craft. Want to try right away, not wait until it gets flat-ha ! Thanks
    4 Grandsons and 2 Granddaughters==Happy Gran and GranDad

Blog Entries
    My doctor told me to put 2 lbs of rice into a cloth bag. Then heat it in the microwave. I don't know what yours has but the rice works beautifully.

I made bags with rice in them, and they are great. My mom loves hers, and so do I.

Blog Entries
    I've used flax seed and it works well.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking it's flax seed.

Rice, flax seed, barley etc. have all been used.
    There is a pellet product (like plastic bean bag beans) that can be used too.

For the grains ... yes be careful of moisture.
    And too, remember that grains are delicious to little furry critters (aka mice) ... so store carefully between uses or you may be able to find out all too easily what the contents are.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were given 2 both with rice and they work well...
    Nancy

I have done the rice one...
    Made one for my Uncle, probably 8 years ago...just found it the other day. It looked OK...not moldy or eaten up...and they did have mice a couple of years ago.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

My daughter in law made me a large one and a small one using corn. I "pop" them ( I should say I heat them) in the microwave for about one minute and use them on my shoulders after a long day of quilting. They are also great for laying on my hands to relieve any aches. Wonderful, soothing moist heat!

Quote Originally Posted by annievee View Post
    My sis in S.C. sent me a 'Pain Pillow'--it is fantastic and believe me, it works. I do not want to tear pillow apart to find out what is inside it. Feels like some kind of seed. This unit can be put in microwave, no water--do not get it wet. After pillow becomes too flat, just throw away. Any idea on what is on the inside? I thought I might try my hand at this craft. Want to try right away, not wait until it gets flat-ha ! Thanks
    Hi annievee, these heat bags are easy to make, you can also add dried lavender, very comforting.It is also quite a good idea to make an outer bag to slip over it, this can then be washed every so often to keep it clean and fresh.I love mine, Letty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast