Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: painting cross stitch embroidery, tried it?

Search for Trichem Liquid Embroidery and it will come up. I actually used to sell that stuff years (and I do mean YEARS) ago! I had every color they made!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Oh Tri Chem yes! Memories of pillow cases for all my aunts at Christmas when I was 10! Even did a set of baseball images for my brothers jacket. I think it washed well, was certainly fun, and the tubes can still be purchased at craft stores.

What about using the Derwent pencils, a water brush, and then an iron to set the color? Or the Shiva paint sticks for more vibrant color?

Puffy paint in squeeze bottles could be an option. They are (were?) popular for tees. I don't remember the specific directions but having the "stitches" more 3-D might be an improvement over the flat TriChem.

I did this one with Derwent Inktense pencils have done them with watercolor pencils and sharpies
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

that came out gorgeous roda, thank you for posting it, those pencils are great for shading.

I'm thinking of cross stitch, I never have cared much for doing stem stitch, satin stitch, petals etc.
    I'm also thinking in terms of a one sheet summer top, not batting and quilting it.

I just finished a candlewicking top using colonial knots (similar to french knots) and it is lovely but I'm tired of floss.

I really appreciate everyone's input!

Rats, I wasn't fast enough to edit and put this in my last post.
    I looked up Trichem as reminded by the name from some of the members above,
    Just look at all the different types they have now!

http://www.trichem.com/paints.html

I just inherited my DM's Tri-Chem paints when she died last August. I have transfers and all kinds of stuff for it. I thought that they would have dried up by now, but they are still good 30 yrs since I last used them. My DM was BIG into Tri-Chem.

Herrschners also has them in their catalog.

My sisters did that back then, but I never cared for the look. I would love to find a good way to use the printed on fabric cross stitch pieces tho, since I can no longer so the hand stitching. So many of them are so pretty.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast