Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Palm Plants

Palm Plants

Ok I have a palm plant that I have severly have neglected. It is no longer green, the trunk of it is
    still moist and the dirt isn't too dry niether too wet. How can I save this plant or can't I?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think it may be too far gone. Google how to care for palm plant and see what you get. It needs light through a sheer curtain/ not sun through a window, it will burn any and all plants. Good luck.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I would cut all the brown top off, move it to where it gets some light and see if it comes back.
    Gloria 

Where I live, they are called trees, not plants. Palms thrive in sun light. I agree with cutting back the brown, but carefully. You do not want to hurt the "heart", the center, where new growth comes from. Palms also naturally grow with rainy and dry seasons. Don't drown it, but you can let it dry out occasionally, but not for long periods of time.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    Did it have it's last rights??

That poor palm tree! Please, let's NOT have a plant-killing confession session or I'll be here all night...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    wow .. didn't think you could kill a palm tree.. Hmmm...well cut the brown off, and put it in the sunlight as much as there is as the days are coming to a close sooner. Hopefully it will rebound and become a new plant again for you ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Great advice! I'd suggest gining it some organic fertilzer also.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
    Where I live, they are called trees, not plants. Palms thrive in sun light. I agree with cutting back the brown, but carefully. You do not want to hurt the "heart", the center, where new growth comes from. Palms also naturally grow with rainy and dry seasons. Don't drown it, but you can let it dry out occasionally, but not for long periods of time.

That's why there are nurseries!

Blog Entries
    I would not fertilize it while its in such "poor" condition. If its going to recover, let it show signs of life first. Then feed diluted fertilizer, wait a few weeks and do it again.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie