Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pasta!

Blog Entries
    my mom gave me an attachment for my kitchen aide... gonna try it out and make homemade pasta..

Want to try it!

Blog Entries
    i never did this before but i am looking up stuff and it looks like just flour and egg... all recipes .com
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Pennypacker
    Want to try it!

Blog Entries
    flour, egg, salt... Yumm!!! :D:D:D

I love homemade pasta, it's so hearty especially in chicken soup.

Blog Entries
    I read something many years ago that said the original Italian immigrants used to make their pastas and hang them from balconies in the sun to dry. The government stepped in and stopped this..and within a year or so a lot of them were becoming deficient in vitamin D...

The sun is a vitamin that we, as humans, need and are being deprived of with artificial sun blocks, which in themselves are causing cancer. Some sun each day is needed, and we can get a lot of it from foods.

Blog Entries
    My friend Vicky is from Italy.. and her pasta is the best, she hangs hers on one of those wooden clothes hangers and she cuts it soo thin with this big ole knife! The smell of her house is fab.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    I read something many years ago that said the original Italian immigrants used to make their pastas and hang them from balconies in the sun to dry. The government stepped in and stopped this..and within a year or so a lot of them were becoming deficient in vitamin D...

The sun is a vitamin that we, as humans, need and are being deprived of with artificial sun blocks, which in themselves are causing cancer. Some sun each day is needed, and we can get a lot of it from foods.

Blog Entries
    Let us know how you feel

I love homemade pasta, I have an Atlas machine but mostly I just roll it and cut wide noodles with a pizza cutter. We like them wide.

Blog Entries
    My grandmother used to make 2 types, one with eggs and one without...the one with egge looked like sombrero's and she made each one by hand rolling it with a knife and over her thumb...used to have it every Sunday..and the other is called Cavatelli...and she made those by making thin ropes and running your 2 or 3 fingers to carve out a little dent in in...I used to make but have gotten lazy...even have a mahine to make them..delicious..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast