Pay it forward!!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by fatquarters View Post
not quilting related....but where we live baby, it's cold outside! really dangerous conditions this week. -25 but the wind is horrid. frostbite weather.

last night a stranger asked us to by him a bus ticket to his home. said he had no money, and it know if he never found shelter he would freeze. so we gave him the money. now I know we might have been sucked in to a sad story and he maybe lied to us....but maybe , just maybe we helped him make it through the night. I hope he truly found shelter and hope he is warm.
fatquarters, you did what you were moved to do by the right instincts. Believe you helped him. Your instincts certainly moved the world forward. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:05 AM

I love to pay it foward however I can:-).
Old 01-05-2014, 07:09 AM

I too try to pay it forward when I can. I have sent boxes to those on the board and right now I have 2 more that I am trying to get a decent assortment of fabrics together for them. Also have been trying to make pillowwcases to send to a member here on the QB that makes it her mission to help the homeless and domestic violence.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:10 AM

I have never heard of that saying. I have done it several times and didn't know it had a name.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:16 AM

I believe in following my instincts, when it comes to paying it forward. Sometimes the ones who hesitate to ask, are the ones who most need and appreciate help.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by Ms Kay View Post
I have never heard of that saying. I have done it several times and didn't know it had a name.
Thanks for sharing.
There is a movie called "Pay it Forward". You can rent it or maybe watch it on Netflix. It's an awesome movie!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:55 PM

I was at a sewing class and heard about a young single gal whose machine broke down. She had been laid off for a couple of months so did not have the money to buy a new or used one. I had a basic Janome that I gave her with some material to make a lap quilt and a snap pack.

Pat in MN
Old 01-05-2014, 08:48 PM

not quilting related....but where we live baby, it's cold outside! really dangerous conditions this week. -25 but the wind is horrid. frostbite weather.

last night a stranger asked us to by him a bus ticket to his home. said he had no money, and it know if he never found shelter he would freeze. so we gave him the money. now I know we might have been sucked in to a sad story and he maybe lied to us....but maybe , just maybe we helped him make it through the night. I hope he truly found shelter and hope he is warm.
Some have entertained angels unaware!! You did a good thing!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:15 PM

It never hurts to help someone that is desperate enough to ask for help. If it is a scam, then the Lord will deal with it in his way and you have done a good thing in trying. My daughter told me, you should also ask the person his/her name, and then say it to them. It is very rare they are called by name. It helps them feel better too.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 AM

It's what is in your heart that counts.