Pay it forward!!

Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 PM

I had the opportunity to pay it forward to a little girl... I was talking to a 10yo patient, and she mentioned that she likes to sew, and has a sewing machine.. Of course I went home, and went through my stash, and I cant wait for her mom to call for her results, and have her pick it up.. I found enough for her to make a quilt.. and in all the colors that she will love.. I wish I could teach her to quilt, but will direct her to You tube.. and take her calls to help her..
Old 01-07-2014, 06:07 AM

I guess I paid it forward last week, I went shopping for New Years Eve with my DH, got home and was missing some items. We called the store but no one knew anything about them, so I guess the next person in line received 3 boxes of cereal, crackers and peas. Now I remember why I shop alone, it is so I can keep track better.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 AM

After reading posts, it dawned on me that I have recently been repaid for some pay it forwards. I was making Christmas stockings and wanted a small scrap of college logo fabric. Hated to buy a fat quarter along with postage. A girl on Etsy sent me what I needed immediately. I was so grateful. There are definitely lots of good people in the world.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:59 AM

I have been helped by board members many times for project needs, and I have responded in kind to many requests! It's such a wonderful feeling when I can help someone out and also when I can look at one of my projects and see where others have contributed from the generosity of their hearts.

Recently, I was able to help someone by buying them warm clothing at the thrift store. I didn't give them money, but I let them pick a warm coat, shirt, hat, scarf, gloves, pants and boots then I paid for the items.
But I have also given fabric to new quilters or others in the same position as I am, with very limited funds.

I don't worry about being taken advantage of. If I can spare the giving, then I have done what my heart says is right. It doesn't matter to me what the motive or actions of the receiver are after the fact, as I have no control over that.

Last edited by wildyard; 01-07-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:58 PM

My grand daddy said "if you "can't afford to gift" things, stingy is not your only problem..."