Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: paying with Paypal here

I am concerned about buying things here and being asked to commit fraud when I am asked to send the money as a gift through PayPal so the recipient doesn't have a fee for accepting the funds.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

thanks.

Blog Entries
    I don't have any legal experience, but it is something to consider...

There is an option that states goods. I have not had an issue with using paypal for purchases since the option is exactly that purchasing goods.

I just looked it up first i choose to send money. Then below are two tabs Purchase or Personal. I only use the purchase tab and select goods. I am not sure if they get charged but I am protecting myself by choosing goods this means that If there is an issue I can file a complaint and it will get handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    There is an option that states goods. I have not had an issue with using paypal for purchases since the option is exactly that purchasing goods.
    I have made several purchases on here and two people have asked me to send it as gifts

Blog Entries
    Perhaps someone with a lot more experience will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    I have made several purchases on here and two people have asked me to send it as gifts
    Have also noticed that one lady asked for the purchaser to add 50 cents if paying by payPal. I would think that is totally legit, but saying it is a gift,, when I am making a purchas makes me uncomfortable. Who sends a gift of $17.22?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Thanks SadieMae. We can watch and see what others think. I am not trying to stir up anything, but don't want to have to worry about committing fraud either.

I understand

I you feel you are not using Paypal for a "Personal" vs. business transaction when sending $ to another QB member, you should convey that message to that person.

If you think a fee should be paid, there is a Paypal fee calculator that tells you how much you need to pay to get the correct amount transferred.

http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....re/page19.html

Not sure where to post this. But since it relates to buying on here, will try this. If it should be somewhere else please direct me to the right place.

I am concerned about buying things here and being asked to commit fraud when I am asked to send the money as a gift through PayPal so the recipient doesn't have a fee for accepting the funds.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Thanks SadieMae. We can watch and see what others think. I am not trying to stir up anything, but don't want to have to worry about committing fraud either.
    I totally understand.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast