Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Peeling hard boiled eggs - argh!

Blog Entries
    Watched- eeeeewwwwwww! Only if it was my egg!
    All I could think if was germs::;

Boil the eggs and then put them in ice water. Going from hot to cold makes the egg pull away from the shell. Easy Peasy and perfect!

Blog Entries
    Fresh eggs won't shell at all, I won't even bother shelling fresh eggs. I keep dozens of eggs in my spare fridge so fresh eggs isn't an issue for me. LOL. Egss will last for months in a cold fridge no more then 34. The older the eggs, the shell will practically slip off. I shell eggs under running water and never have a problem, the shells come off usually in two halves. To prevent the green color around the yolk, the faster boiled eggs are cooled the less chance of the green color pooling around the yolk. I put the eggs fresh out of the pot into cold water. To keep the eggs from cracking, put a pin hole through the shell at one end.

I always peel me egs while they are still warm. I just crack and roll them all shell seem to fall off for me with no problem.

Blog Entries
    I use to work in quality control for a poultry industry to pay for my college classes. Ask me anything about a chicken and the egg! I still inspect a whole chicken before I cook it. LOL

I just did over 4 dozen FRESH eggs (we have hens)for deviled eggs for seder and Maundy Thursday church meals---
    Put 1/4 c. salt in the water you boil them in. Drain the hot water off, put COLD water on, then change the water at least once more. Crack and peel right away while they are still warm.--I use a spoon, too!

pab

Blog Entries
    PamB,that is one nice looking chicken coop!Are those chickens Rhode Island Reds or New hampshire Reds? pab

Pam, your hen house is so cute.

Blog Entries
    Buy already peeled eggs at the store! (Costs more but I don't curse anymore).

I have heard that adding a teas. of oil or vinagar to the boiling water helps

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast