Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pen Pals

Did you ever have a pen pal when you were in school? What happen to them? I had a one she was from China learning English and we wrote for several years. I asked our Baptist missionary to see if they could find her, and they found her parents. The missionary was told, that she was killed. I never got another pen pal.

Oh, how sad. I supose kids have email pals now days.

I remember the pen pal days in elementry school. I don't remember where mine was from, don't think we wrote very long.

Thats really sad. No, I never had one!

When I was a kid I had a pen pal from Germany and one from NY city. Probably wrote for a couple of years but not sure whatever happened to them.

A few years ago my son's class wrote letters to soldiers in Iraq and the soldier he wrote to kept in contact with him for a long while. It was very interesting to read about his experiences first hand, what little he could share with him. When he came back home we didn't hear any more from him.

there used to be penpal dolls. You would buy the doll, clothed in traditional style for the country and a name and address were included. I chose a Japanese doll. I wrote to the person for several years. I also remember writing letters to friends who lived elsewhere. I had a friend in Indianapolis who I only saw in the summer when I'd visit my grandparents. We corresponded for many many years. I think kids today miss that experience,sadly.

Laurie

Instead of pen pals, it does seem like many people are on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by phatquilts2
    Instead of pen pals, it does seem like many people are on Facebook.
    I guess you are right, Facebook, Twitter and such are the new pen pals. And I guess boards like this are also part of the new pen pals.