Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Perfect Day

Maybe a gray, grumpy day in central NYS but it was perfect in many ways. Spent time with my best friend at our favorite quilt shop that is closing next week. Very sad but the markdowns were ridiculous. For around $60 got 3 yds. fabric, 7 fat 1/4's, 3 fat 1/8's, TWO Moda jellyrolls, 2 spools of thread, two quilt patterns and a pkg of John James quilting needles. Had a wonderful lunch out. Came home and made pumpkin muffins, pumpkin fudge and apple crisp all from recipes here at QB (thank you ladies). Now, time to take a power nap and see what the evening brings. Life sure is good today! Hope yours is too. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    wow, you have had a great day

can you post the links to the recipes that you made today for all of us to enjoy, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
    Maybe a gray, grumpy day in central NYS but it was perfect in many ways. Spent time with my best friend at our favorite quilt shop that is closing next week. Very sad but the markdowns were ridiculous. For around $60 got 3 yds. fabric, 7 fat 1/4's, 3 fat 1/8's, TWO Moda jellyrolls, 2 spools of thread, two quilt patterns and a pkg of John James quilting needles. Had a wonderful lunch out. Came home and made pumpkin muffins, pumpkin fudge and apple crisp all from recipes here at QB (thank you ladies). Now, time to take a power nap and see what the evening brings. Life sure is good today! Hope yours is too. :thumbup:

I'm rather cyber challenged. If you go to the search and type in caramel apple crisp, pumpkin fudge and pumpkin muffins, is how I sourced the three.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day- I love Fall in upstate NY where I'm from :) Nothing like the apples!!!I never find them as good here.

Blog Entries
    Great fall day here in NW Arkansas .... spent entire day on the Garage Sales
    route. Found several books, a comforter, fall silk flower arrangement,
    nice hooded T-top .... but no fabric. Still a fine time out.

How nice that you were able to have a good day and find some wonderful quilty bargains at the same time....good for you!!!

Sounds like a wonderful day.

I spent the first part of the day with my good quilting buddy around the corner going to quilt show about an hour away. The show was well done, the vendors were great and the lunch was delicious. It wasn't a huge show, so the whole visit took about three hours. While there, I met an older lady with a wonderful pattern for Caps for Cancer which she designed herself. She makes dozens of these and sends them all over Ontario working by herself supplying her own materials or using the few donations she receives. She was very generous and gave me both her pattern and a partially completed sample. I came home, baked a cake for the church supper and made a Cancer Cap. Thank-you to Mary and all the others like her out there.