Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Perfectly gorgeous fall day...

...YESTERDAY. Today, we are back to rain, and tomorrow it should be more like autumn, but YESTERDAY was glorious. It was over 80, and sunny, and perfectly summer-like and I felt compelled to go wander around Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens....

Even ran into an art quilt exhibit!!! Quilt artist Nancy Cook had a lovely one person show there... I am including a link to the photo gallery with my days wandering!! Enjoy http://smu.gs/oOxpUF

Monarch at Lewis Ginter
    Name:  Attachment-273634.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  48.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing, Fall is a wonderful season!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel
    Thank you
    No, thank YOU! for looking and enjoying...

Blog Entries
    Yes, it was a beautiful day in Arizona also. So I got the bright idea to take my DH for a "hike" in his schooter. It was a difficult road including going over a gate guard which I had thought I could easily lift the scooter over ... not. Then he got confused on the speed of his scooter [going in and out of dementia, and hard for me to recognize as he is not medically diagnosed yet] so I helped push to scooter up hill for about 40 minutes. Then he put it in the right gear. Nobody was around to make me feel foolish. Two of the Labs loved the new territory. We eventually made it. That is how we continue to learn ... by making mistakes and hope to never make the same mistake again. :)

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.

Beautiful picture!

I love the smell of falling leaves but the rest yuk reminds me I will be cold for six months

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis42
    Yes, it was a beautiful day in Arizona also. So I got the bright idea to take my DH for a "hike" in his schooter. It was a difficult road including going over a gate guard which I had thought I could easily lift the scooter over ... not. Then he got confused on the speed of his scooter [going in and out of dementia, and hard for me to recognize as he is not medically diagnosed yet] so I helped push to scooter up hill for about 40 minutes. Then he put it in the right gear. Nobody was around to make me feel foolish. Two of the Labs loved the new territory. We eventually made it. That is how we continue to learn ... by making mistakes and hope to never make the same mistake again. :)
    Phyllis---it sounds to me like you have a fantastic attitude!!!

(My father-in-law used to say that any fool can learn from his own mistakes, it takes a smart man to learn from someone else's!!!)