Pergo/vinyl tile

Old 07-16-2016, 08:51 AM

We did the vinyl plank flooring from Home Depot in our DR a few years ago. Allure brand. I absolutely love it! They have 2 grades - 10 yr warranty and lifetime. Lifetime is waterPROOF; 10 yr is water resistant. We plan to put more in other rooms of the house - currently BR and hall but eventually LR as well. Have ceramic tile in the kitchen which I love as well. I find the vinyl very comfortable to walk and have chairs rest. Also warm. The color goes all the way through the planks so no worries with doggie toenails either.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:43 AM

We have Pergo flooring in our office/sewing room. Looks great, hasn't scratched, chipped, buckled, though I haven't tried high heels on it (do not wear them.) However, it is water resistant, not waterproof, so I wouldn't put it some place that gets really wet, like a bathroom.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:07 AM

I have replaced one bedroom with the pergo and love it. My other bedroom is due to get the floor redone soon. I already have the pergo for that room too. I love it. It cleans easily and holds up to pets well.
Clmay
Old 07-18-2016, 12:58 PM

I have the "resilient tile", aka vinyl, in my river condo and also in my industrial building. In the condo, we used a vinyl tile that looks like ceramic tile and also wood that came in strips that looks pretty good. Installation was a breeze and the wood strips accommodated the uneven base floor. It's also really easy to keep clean....guys always bringin' in sand from outside...sweeps right up and a light mop...we're done. Then, in my industrial building, we used a resilient tile that looks like ceramic also...everyone thinks it is ceramic, but it's not as hard to stand on.....oh yeah, one more plus NO GROUT!!!!. I hate cleaning grout....
Old 07-19-2016, 10:35 AM

We are in process of replacing carpets, Pergo and vinyl flooring with Allure brand flooring. We have 2 big dogs (Irish Setter and Black Lab) and even they don't scratch the flooring when they run around or get up after lying on it. It is waterproof if you follow installation instructions which are really simple. Love it.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:36 PM

Thanks everyone for your information.