Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Perseid meteor shower

Perseid meteor shower

Dont forget the Perseid meteor shower is tonight. When my kids were little, we slept outside to make sure we didnt miss it. Tonight Ill just set my alarm clock, then walk the dog. I still love watching it.

Thanks for the reminder. Looks like we will be under cloud cover and will miss it.

I've seen something about a meteor shower tonight, but never did see where you should be able to see from and about what time?
    ​Krysti

The Perseid meteor shower will also be visible Sunday night also ... after 10 pm, best visibility will be from 3AM to 5AM, just before dawn begins, unless it is cloudy in your area. Best visibility is also far away from city lights. Awesome sight not usually visible ....
    remember when the sight of shooting stars could bring a person good luck?
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Thank you for letting me know the times. I will look after 10 tonight and tomorrow; before I got to bed. But...if I have to wait til 3 am to 5 am; not gonna happen.

Yes, I do remember. Don't they still bring good luck?
    ​Krysti

Blog Entries
    I looked on England at midnight but saw nothing even though sky was clear. Trying again tonight.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Just came in from watching with my 9 yr old granddaughter. Great show as always! Under the stars after midnight you get to discuss such serious subjects that the kids bring up. Their questions and insights are so wonderful and the times they will really open up are so rare. The meteors and the discussions are both great gifts from G od.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti25314 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. Looks like we will be under cloud cover and will miss it.
    We were so excited to be up early & in time to see this... then we went out & CLOUDY! Waaaaah!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    Just came in from watching with my 9 yr old granddaughter. Great show as always! Under the stars after midnight you get to discuss such serious subjects that the kids bring up. Their questions and insights are so wonderful and the times they will really open up are so rare. The meteors and the discussions are both great gifts from G od.
    Tanya that was so well said and true. I forgot about those quiet conversations under the stars. Ill have to ask my son if he remembers them, and if he now has them with his sons.

It's raining here