Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: for the person wanted to know about thread bowls

for the person wanted to know about thread bowls

here is the idea. i do it this way except except after rinsing the sulky out i put it back on the bowls which i have covered with foil and let them dry when they are dry i take stiffener to them and let dry. that makes them stiff and more durable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvQaD...ature=youtu.be

Did you stitch around your piece in a spiral or with cross hatches? Does it make a difference? I'm not very good at FMQ, but it seems like attempting the spiral would work best...

Thanks for sharing this, it's definitely something I want to try.

it is really up to your imagination. last time I scriggled real close, then around the top and around the bottom and around half way down I used my machines hearts going around the bowl. then i trim real close around the upper edge. i like for mine to look finished around the top. I've also used a few other stitches on the machine but i don't know what they are called but they make like a acalloped edge. each one comes out differently. like i said i use stiffener on it so it so it is more stiff. by the way for a fast container or bowl you can use any container you want for example : I justed a old plastic jar type container. cut a circle of material I used denuim put the bowl in the middle and pull the material up so it covers the jar hold in place by putting a rubberband around the top. cover with the stiffener, let dry. after it was dry tied some raffita around the top and hot glued a sunflower on it for decoration.it made a great pencil holder but can be used as a flower vase or whatever you want.

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for all your descriptions of how you made these bowls. I did not get much out of the video but I sure got a lot of info from your words. Definitely going to try this in the near future. Thanks again.