I have this hanging in my closet. Get a HUGE lump in my throat when I think about it as I read it. Hope you all enjoy.
A PETíS TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Donít be angry with me for long and donít lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I only have you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I donít understand your words, I do understand your voice when you speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps Iím not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old and weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you canít bear to watch. Donít make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.