Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: phone service still out

Blog Entries
    grrr Com Cast isn't coming till Sunday. my portables don't work even though i got a dial tone when i put in new batteries. i'm so tired of chatting with them.
    i called A t & t where i used to have my phone service and they said i can't keep the same number.i hung up!
    sigh.i'm not happy.
    anyone have this type problem?

Is Comcast your "wired" service or a Internet phone service. If it is a wired service, you should have a box outside where the line connects to your house. I have Verizon. When there is a problem with phone service, I have to take a "wired" phone outside, open that box, connect the phone in the jack there. If I get a dial tone there, the problem is in my house.

Disconnet all your phones & then connect just one at a time to see if 1 phone has a problem.

The way my house was wired inside is called piggy back. If just one connection is bad, I lose all of the phones. I learned this when the painter sprayed water into an outlet when removing wallpaper. I did not know until he left that I had no phone service. I replaced that jack & got my service back without having to pay Verizon.

Blog Entries
    com cast took over from quest service, no box that i know of
    i'm changing back to quest right now!

Does comcast have a website with some troubleshooting hints?

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    com cast took over from quest service, no box that i know of
    i'm changing back to quest right now!

Blog Entries
    they aren't very helpful. i had to get my modem and read the back. it's tight to get to and black on black is hard to read. that went on and on. i chatted online

So this is a phone service coming though you "cable" line & not a wire to your house? Most of my neighbors have this kind of service & I hate it. When we have a power failure, I'm the only one that has phone service on their house phone. Then, if I call them on their cell phone no.'s, it's usually a toll call for me.

I have Comcast for cable TV. I've learned that whenever there is a problem, unplug everything, wait 60 seconds & then plug it back in again. That usaually fixes TV issues.

My friend in Pgh, PA has Comcast & they are at his house about every week. I talk to him through Skype. Last week the Comcast guy was sitting there having a beer while waiting to see if he resolved anything with their service.

they aren't very helpful. i had to get my modem and read the back. it's tight to get to and black on black is hard to read. that went on and on. i chatted online

I had one phone that caused those problems. We eliminated that phone and everything worked. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    well quest must have done something good or com cast did ,which i doubt. my phones are now working. the new land line one didn't work down here for some reason but the old one is doing fine. i took the new land line upstairs and put it in the kitchen where i had one before.
    so i'm happy. not to cancel the work order for Sunday!
    thanks all.

I'm glad you got your phones back. What a hassle.

Blog Entries
    glad you figured it out

well quest must have done something good or com cast did ,which i doubt. my phones are now working. the new land line one didn't work down here for some reason but the old one is doing fine. i took the new land line upstairs and put it in the kitchen where i had one before.
    so i'm happy. not to cancel the work order for Sunday!
    thanks all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast