Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Pics of my Grandbaby Colton >

Pics of my Grandbaby Colton

Pics of my Grandbaby Colton

Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Power Poster

I was rocking him to sleep the other night and I thought he was about asleep. He was laying so still. I suddenly realized he was watching the tv behind me! He looked up at me and raised his hand up and touched my cheek and grinned from ear to ear! LOL I took him in and laid him in the crib. He rolled around awhile and talked to himself and went right to sleep all on his own! cuddling him is the sweetest experience!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 AM

Thanks for sharing your moment! Life sure is good - Hugs
Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 AM

Colton is adorable. You are so lucky, as many other grandparents are, with their grandchildren. I have one granddaughter who is now 26 and lives so far away. She is my older daughter's child, and my 2 younger ones do not have children, despite how much I may want them! :(
Old 06-15-2011, 08:10 AM

Hey...thighs like mine...gotta love them up! Three cheers for the doggie !!!!! The dog must be a good sport. I can hear the baby now..."gimme those cheekies now doggie" ! Just adorable. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rnreenie
Hey...thighs like mine...gotta love them up! Three cheers for the doggie !!!!! The dog must be a good sport. I can hear the baby now..."gimme those cheekies now doggie" ! Just adorable. Thanks for sharing.
I have a beagle too who is good with the kids. We won't have one that isn't good with kids. We have gotten rid of dogs in the past if they aren't good kid dogs. No worries about bites.

But Molly (the dog in the pic) is a sweet natured dog and she is so gentle with the little ones. She lets them bite her ears and pull on her and never says a word. She ducks her head for all the petting they are willing to give her! She has always shaken hands as a way to get attention. She is a strong willed dog who obeys me as long as she is contained but if she is loose outside she ignores me! But she comes running for the kids. My DGD Rachel (9) looks at her and says sit and Molly sits! With me she has to turn circles 9 times before she will sit on command! LOL she'll sit lie down and beg for Rachel! LOL

When Rachel was little before she could even read she would take a book and sit in Maggie the beagle's bed with her and read the book to her. Maggie would patiently lay there and listen! LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Rhonda, I know you won't mind reading another, "awww! he's so cute and adorable!"
I know I saw his pictures on your PDA, but it's always fun to look at pics again.
He is a beautiful...lol, handsome, little man!
Your son's, or sil?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mousie
Rhonda, I know you won't mind reading another, "awww! he's so cute and adorable!"
I know I saw his pictures on your PDA, but it's always fun to look at pics again.
He is a beautiful...lol, handsome, little man!
Your son's, or sil?
He is our youngest son Glen's baby. My kids are all growing up so fast!! My own kids are now 33 34 and 35 until Oct. Glen turned 33 in April so for 6 mos they are all a year apart.

The little ones are growing up way too soon for me! My Jake will be 13 the end of July. He is my son Nathan's youngest. Then Sara's Joey will be 13 in Dec. They are going to be teenagers!!!!! Yikes!! LOL They both have been counting down to when they can drive! They are cousins and only 4 months apart so we have kind of treated them as twins since they were born. They get along pretty well if they aren't together too long. They fight like brothers some times. Jake is easy going for the most part and Joey has ADHD which makes him a bit hyper. Jake will get impatient with Joe sometimes and backs him down a bit. I remember when they were each Colton's age!

Joey was here a couple of weekends ago and he was telling me he had a girl ask him out and he was ticked off because his mom made him turn her down! LOL So we had a discussion of what is appropriate for a 12 yr old and dating which is to wait or only be in a group. He listens and it helps him sometimes when I repeat what his mom and dad have told him. Like it makes it more real when he hears that others think the same way mom does.

Jake told me last fall that all the girls in his class tell him their troubles. LOL He said he doesnt' have a girlfriend but I wondered if the girls were talking because they are interested and he just isn't picking up on it! LOL

My 19 yr old grandson Tyler works for his dad Nathan in his electric business. They have been working on a job site by a college. Nathan said Tyler was thinking of signing up for some classes. I asked what does he want to study? Nathan said Girls!! LOL He has been spending all his off work hrs with a bunch of the college girls. Just hope he behaves himself! He is a bit of the class clown. He loves to joke around and act up. I just hope he stays out of trouble!! Where have the years gone!! He was 4 when Nathan married Jill. He has grown up so fast! I dont' get to see him much anymore. I miss having the older three kids come and stay. They used to come on Sats and stay with me when Jill(DIL) had to work on Sats. or when they were sick I would go get them at school and keep them.
Cody was 8 and now he is 22 and has his own family. Nicci was 6 and now she is 21 and has a DH of her own and a little girl Adrianna who is 20 mos now
Then they had Jake who is my son's by blood. He adopted the three oldest kids. We love them dearly! I just wish I got to see the older ones more.

When Zach was a baby I used to have all 6 kids come. Then the older ones started staying home by themselves and didn't need a babysitter. Tyler still came and stayed for awhile and Nicci also came a few times but they got busy and that was the end of that. But all the little ones came along and took up my time so it is all good. I do see Cody and Nicci from time to time. She calls me sometimes to talk.

I watch these younger ones and I think won't be long and they will be spreading their wings and be off on their own too! But I do have a few years with the littler ones. Colton will be around for a few years and the twins and Rache. And Zachary because of the autism will need me for some time to come. He will be 11 next Jan. So he is growing up too! But he will probably need someone with him til he is able to live in an indepenant living arrangement. Time will tell what he will be able to do.

Sorry I get carried away thinking about my grands and great grands!!

Cody's wife Nicole was telling me Jayden has picked up on that commercial where the guy on the beach turns and says to his wife you look like a beach angel! So Jayden(2) keeps going up to his mommy and telling her she looks like a beach angel!! LOL He is so funny. He loves to tease!

we're going to have kids for the next 12 days. Zach came yesterday and will be here til Sat aft, or evening. Jake is coming some time tomarrow and will stay a week to 10 days or whatever he decides. I leave it up to him. Then I have Zach again next weekend. If Joey finds out Jake is here he will want to come for a couple of days probably.

I have some sorting chores I want to get done and I hope to rope Jake into helping me move some boxes. He reminds me of my youngest son Glen when Glen was a teenager. He would rather lay on the couch and play computer games or Nintendo games than do any work!!! LOL I have a picture of little Glen asleep on the couch with the controller in his hand! LOL If I wanted him to help pack in groceries I had to kick him off the couch first!! LOL I sure do miss having teenagers at home to make them help me with things like groceries!!

My mom always made me fetch and carry and she would tell me my legs were younger than hers! LOL

I tell my kids that is why I had kids was to have someone to boss around! LOL

Zach has gotten so used to me asking him to go get me a pop out of the fridge that he now goes and gets me one even when I haven't asked for one! LOL I have him well trained!! *Grin*
Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

aw, you know me, Rhonda...grandbabies or quilting...could talk about either endlessly! they are our gifts from God! hugs :-D
Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mousie
aw, you know me, Rhonda...grandbabies or quilting...could talk about either endlessly! they are our gifts from God! hugs :-D
Yep and when you like to talk like I do it is easy to go on and on! LOL Of course I have a few grands to talk about! LOL

I'm proud of them all and they are all good people as far as I know anyway! LOL
Old 06-26-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Laura3
Sooo cute!! I also love your avatar!!
My avatar is my favorite picture of my great grandson Jayden who is 2. He has a big sister Alisha(5) and his mommy my granddaughter in law is expecting a baby in Dec.
Jayden and Colton look like identical twins in these pictures, and they're not even brothers - Wow! Both as cute as can be!