pictures

Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 AM

Question, after I get a picture downloaded how I know where the picture went to. How can I find the picture? Thanks Lois
Old 07-22-2010, 06:45 AM

I have created a folder on my desktop (the screen you see the most on your computer)....I call it PICTURES. then inside that I have one for TRIPS, QUILTS, PAINTINGS...etc. When you download from the camera, there is usually something in a popup that says "OPTIONS"....you'll see within that, a line that starts c:// or something like that. That's the "address" line telling you where the picture is downloading to. Click on a BROWSE button if you see one and identify the folder that you've created to hold your pictures.

Hope this is clearer than mud!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 AM

Also you can do a search in the start window if you loose it, You should be able to find it in pictures but if not and you remember what you called it type that into the search bar.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 AM

If your not familiar with finding files in your computer, the best place to "save" them to is your "Desktop". When you download a file, look at the box which asks where you want to save file to. If it does not say Desktop, click on Browse & change the location to Desktop. I often save a file to my Desktop - opening windows screen - & then move it to another location later.

Originally Posted by lois7873
Question, after I get a picture downloaded how I know where the picture went to. How can I find the picture? Thanks Lois
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

when you begin to download it, look at the top area of the small screen that shows up. it should show where the computer will put it. you can click on the small arrow or triangle next to that name and find a folder where you want it to go.
you can put it on desktop or in my documents,and if you have folders in my documents- put it in one of those. i have folders for quilts, family, my pictures, etc.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

go to home then click on the pictures link, or you can check your watched topics it will be there too