Pinterest?????

Old 12-28-2012, 12:09 PM

After reading your posts I think I'm going to check it out!! Thanks for the "Interest in Pintrest!"
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM

I love it. So many great ideas. And I'm thrilled when someone likes one of my pins and re-pins it.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Thanks for the questions and answers. My daughter uses it and "suggested" that I might enjoy it. Glad to get the information. I like the reference about pinning it to my bulletin board - but I always know that it's over my sewing table! Hopefully I'll be able to find this also.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
....those who follow me can see......see what my gd pins.....this sounds so big brother........like being stalked........I think I will just pass on the whole thing.........
I don't think that you have to put your real name on there - my niece just put her first and middle name on hers. I am flattered when somebody "re-pin's" some of my ideas or recipes, or whatever. Just go to "Pinterest" and look around - you might really like it. HTH
Old 01-01-2013, 04:45 PM

Cherokeerose I have to say I love your board name! Just beautiful! Ok now on to the subject...I can't figure Pintrest out. Been there and tried to follow directions, I gave up! I may try it again...maybe.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:12 PM

I LOVE IT!!! All positives that were said above. Don't worry about the people following you. When your daughter "set you up", she assigned certain areas she thought you were interested in. It adds 1 thing in every category (to get you going).....and people saw it and like what "you" like and are following. My daughter follows me.....she sees the recipes I "like" or "repin" and knows they're probably economical. She said she's learning. Now --- about HER --- ROL --- she put a category in (you can assign your own)....that said "THINGS I WANT"..............so far I've been ignorant!!!LOL LOL
Old 01-01-2013, 05:43 PM

I find pinterest is almost as addicting as here! I love the recipes the most I have found some wonderful ones that have become new favorites in our house. I really like Gina from Skinnytaste she takes family favorites and makes them better and gives you the Weight Watcher counts as well. I also find a lot of quilting related videos and patterns as well. You can create your own boards and pin things to them. The person that you pinned from gets a notice that something you shared has been repinned. You can also link it so it shows up on your FB site as well if you wish. I really enjoy it, it's good to do when your waiting in your doctor's office like me lol
Old 01-01-2013, 08:46 PM

I signed up and I want to participate but can't figure out how to pin anything. I'm totally bummed......disappointed....
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by NancyBelly View Post
I signed up and I want to participate but can't figure out how to pin anything. I'm totally bummed......disappointed....
First of all, have you downloaded the pinmarklet? It is a tool that lives in your toolbar, when you're on a website that has something you want to pin, ou go to the toolbar and click on the market. Here is a help topic for you:
https://pinterest.com/about/goodies/
Or you can google "pinmarklet" and you should be able to find it.

Lots of websites and blogs have pin buttons to make it easy, just click the "Pin It" button. Also, if you find a pin that you like, you can click on it, and in the corner of the picture you'll see a button that says "repin". Just click it, then choose which of your boards you want that picture to live on, or create a new board. Play around with it - you can always change things later, move them around or delete things if you want.

Last edited by Peckish; 01-01-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM

it took me awhile but I am slowly learning someone on this board gave wonderful instructions but I do not have them with me