Pitty Pot Polly

Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 AM

My dears, well, it's been snowing again and my DH is in Florida on a golf vacation. He says I can't handle the snow blower(too powerful), so it's locked away in the yard. However, throughout the winter he is happy to plow out neighbours and told a number of them before he left that if they would be so kind as to help me shovel/snow blow, that would be great. No problem, they say. Well, guess who had to go out to shovel today because there was no one out to do it? Today is Family Day in Ontario, Canada and many businesses and schools are closed. No need to go out on a snowy day, right?
Just as I finished and closed the garage door, who should come out with his snow blower but the fellow next door. Grrrr. Ah well, now I have the day to myself and I think I'll make a few pillow cases.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Isn't that aslways the way. Enjoy your sewing.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 AM

LOL love the title.... mention to him you need the jr. version thats not a shovel!! Enjoy the pillow cases and Chocolate to make it better :)
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Catherine Marie
My dears, well, it's been snowing again and my DH is in Florida on a golf vacation. He says I can't handle the snow blower(too powerful), so it's locked away in the yard. However, throughout the winter he is happy to plow out neighbours and told a number of them before he left that if they would be so kind as to help me shovel/snow blow, that would be great. No problem, they say. Well, guess who had to go out to shovel today because there was no one out to do it? Today is Family Day in Ontario, Canada and many businesses and schools are closed. No need to go out on a snowy day, right?
Just as I finished and closed the garage door, who should come out with his snow blower but the fellow next door. Grrrr. Ah well, now I have the day to myself and I think I'll make a few pillow cases.
Can't wait to see your pillow cases. Your dog is so CUTE!! :) If we lived close by my boys would have loved to have gotten to play in your snow! :) We have 4 of them-they are BIG helpers!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:50 AM

Next time....tell him you're going to Florida WITH him!!!

Sit back, sew, have a cuppa chocolate, and enjoy -- knowing YOU were self-sufficient (yeah, I know ....... I live where there's snow, too!)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Catherine Marie
Grrrrr, he was probably watching out of the window to make sure you finished yours before he went out!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:52 AM

Just as I finished and closed the garage door, who should come out with his snow blower but the fellow next door.
----------------------------------
Grrrrr, he was probably watching out of the window to make sure you finished yours before he went out![/quote]
----------------------------------------
I wonder if your DH will be so generous with HIS helping after you tell him what happened? Mine wouldn't have, he was very protective of me. What goes around comes around.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

That's the pits. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Happy sewing!