Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Playing Hookie from CHURCH

Pssst, don't tell!

I couldn't wait to get on this board this morning. I've rushed and got all the dishes and this and that picked up hubby fed and our "4-legged Kids" 3 Westies taken care of.

Off for some great fun for me now!

I'll go to church this evening :oops:
    Thank you all for all your Great Welcomes as well!

That's okay every once in while. After all, no matter where we are, the spirit is right there with us.

We all bail out on church from time to time! It's like everything else ~ "too much of a good thing" ~ you know! Yeah, I'm not there either today, and I don't have any good excuse, I just didn't want to go. A little peace and quiet at home is a good "healer" for me sometimes. Have a great day!

Eons ago while taking classes to be married in the Catholic Church, the priest told us that God is everywhere. Especially in the peace and quiet surrounding you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootroad
    We all bail out on church from time to time! It's like everything else ~ "too much of a good thing" ~ you know! Yeah, I'm not there either today, and I don't have any good excuse, I just didn't want to go. A little peace and quiet at home is a good "healer" for me sometimes. Have a great day!
    Same here! First Sunday Hubby has had off in months! Guess where he is - sleeping! Got up this morning with intention of going to church but it was storming so back to bed i went. Hope I am forgiven!

Blog Entries
    Ok, it's obvious now; you are HOOKED!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mizkyp
    Eons ago while taking classes to be married in the Catholic Church, the priest told us that God is everywhere. Especially in the peace and quiet surrounding you.
    Thank you for reminding everyone of this

It must be the Sunday to play hookie. We slept in too. Although I truly slept through my alarm-no surprise there-hubby too needed a day of rest. Has a several stressful weeks at work. Last week we were up at 6 a.m. every morning. We had a priest one time tell us that it was o.k to miss mass on occasion. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower126
    It must be the Sunday to play hookie. We slept in too. Although I truly slept through my alarm-no surprise there-hubby too needed a day of rest. Has a several stressful weeks at work. Last week we were up at 6 a.m. every morning. We had a priest one time tell us that it was o.k to miss mass on occasion. Have a good Sunday everyone.
    Looks like you got permission from one of God's right hand man!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    Quote Originally Posted by mizkyp
    Thank you for reminding everyone of this
    I agree - I have always thought that God doesn't keep an attendance card for church but he does look at how you lead your life! Years ago there was one woman who sat in the very first row at church - i think she did it thinking God would see her first and forget about all she did. And she did some things let me tell you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast