Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Please don't let me gain too many pounds! >

Please don't let me gain too many pounds!

Please don't let me gain too many pounds!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:57 AM

Default Please don't let me gain too many pounds!

My hubby is the baker in the family. He doesn't just bake a small batch of whatever for us, that would be too easy. When he decides he wants to make something he keeps tweaking the recipe til he is happy with it, or gets bored with it. A few years back he made several DOZEN bundt cakes in a period of about 2 weeks. Cookies, brownies etc. is the same thing.

Well.....yesterday he decided that he needed to perfect the peanut butter truffle. There is already a bunch of them in my fridge, and hes already thought of ways to tweak that recipe and bought more supplies. I have a feeling that I am not going to be able to give these yummy things away fast enough and will be too tempted to eat them all. I have already had to taste test some, and of course I have to eat the ones that didn't look perfect lmao. Too bad he hasn't learned how to create zero fat, zero calorie treats!
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Sounds like he could be a one person fund raiser with all his baked goodies. Is there a food pantry, shelter he could donate to, or are there too many rules and regulations?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:30 PM

I think some of the ladies on the QB would like to borrow him for a few days..... you don't want to eat what MY DH cooks!!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
Sounds like he could be a one person fund raiser with all his baked goodies. Is there a food pantry, shelter he could donate to, or are there too many rules and regulations?
That would be a great idea, but like you said too many rules and regs. Around here we can donate unprepared food or donate our time to go to their facility and prepare the food. None of the shelters etc. will take already prepared food. This is unfortunate because I own a catering company. There have been many many times that we have had too much extra food. In cases like this, it is not at all uncommon to see us driving around looking for the homeless on the streets to offer them a bite to eat.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Hmmmm, little "care packages" for all the QB members????? LOL
Old 09-08-2012, 02:27 PM

How long would it take to drive from your place to Dallas? I would buy your gas! YUMMMMMM
Old 09-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Will they freeze? I'm thinking holiday time is coming... Or do you need all our addresses? LOL!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

He would be nice to have around, I don't take time to bake much anymore, too lazy to clean up the mess. I don't need to eat it either. I finally made a wildblueberry cake tonight from a box mix. Our weather is cooler and the house isn't roasting hot. Been dying for some cake. No icing just cake.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:00 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
OH what I was thinking or a local church that feeds the homeless...Maybe he could even be their baker and bake in their kitchen-They always need good people who can bake, cook or just plain volunteer to clean up . One of the local restaurants has a truck that feeds the homeless once a day.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Could you donate the extras to the local fire department or hospital( for the staff)? After my Dad passed away, the next month was Dec., i fixed a plate of goodies and took it up to the floor where he had been. On the way up in the elevator, the thought struck me that maybe they were not allowed to have anything home baked. But i was told- we accept everything!LOL it's just a thought.