Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Post your computer Tips & Tricks (Please post yours for us to enjoy) >

Post your computer Tips & Tricks (Please post yours for us to enjoy)

Post your computer Tips & Tricks (Please post yours for us to enjoy)

Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Google Goddess

When you are at a website or a blog and you want to print part of an article, pattern, recipe etc.

If you want to print from a webstie or blog page, just place the cursor at the top of area that you want to print , left click and drag to high light the whole area. Right click the high lighted part and click print. When the next window opens up, put a check on the box that says SELECTION and then click print. Only the high lighted area will print.

This is so cool and will help you to save and print just what you want. This works great for recipes here on the quilting board site also. Have fun!

Who is next please post your tip or trick.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:45 PM

Hope this might be new info for someone. To copy and paste, highlight what you want to copy, hit the Ctrl key with the letter C and to paste just hit Crtl V. To undo what you've just done hit Crtl Z. To print just hit Crtl P.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:58 PM

If I want to get more Quilting etc. done, I have to log off !! XXXX LOL :)
Old 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM

It would sure be nice if someone could tell me how to make my background picture that look so stretched out , back to normal I would be happy. Right now I look really weird on it. LOL Somehow the sizing got changed an that looks stretched and the fonts are tiny. Grandkids!!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 PM

My tip for the day. Don't keep sweet drinks near your keyboard, Ask me how I know that!!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Google Goddess

I just found this site and over 1,000 tips for using a computer, I bet you will learn something new that you didn't know

http://www.computerfreetips.com/
Old 10-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
It would sure be nice if someone could tell me how to make my background picture that look so stretched out , back to normal I would be happy. Right now I look really weird on it. LOL Somehow the sizing got changed an that looks stretched and the fonts are tiny. Grandkids!!
Right click on your desktop screen and one the drop down box comes up go down and click on Personalize...once that box opens click on Desktop Background...At the bottom of that box it'll have 3 options: Fit to screen, tile, & center. Center will keep it from getting stretched out. If you need more help just send me a Pm.

Sharon
Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 PM

I didn't even mean to do this - but when you turn your computer on, there's that login screen where you pick which user (I think this might not be on older computers?), you can assign a password to it...

I made my password include 522 which is our wedding month and day...

Apparently since DH has to type it in all the time, he now remembers what day our anniversary is....;)
Old 10-15-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by dellareya
Hope this might be new info for someone. To copy and paste, highlight what you want to copy, hit the Ctrl key with the letter C and to paste just hit Crtl V. To undo what you've just done hit Crtl Z. To print just hit Crtl P.
I've been playing with computers since 1983. I have always said that the most important thing you need to learn is how to COPY and PASTE. Have someone teach you and practice. I use it multiple time every day.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
My tip for the day. Don't keep sweet drinks near your keyboard, Ask me how I know that!!
I do it all the time. DH is always running to Radio Shack and getting a replacement for $10. I've ruined 2 in the last year.