Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: postage?

postage?

How much is the postage for the padded flat rate envelopes? I was just charged $8.75. I didn't think they went up that much.

Some times it's cheaper NOT to use a flat rate.

Blog Entries
    i have a good kitchen scale. i use that and the USPS website to determine the best postage. yes, postage has really gone up!
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    I thought it was 5.95 now.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Boy I would take that receipt back to the PO and ask to speak to the Postmaster. owlvamp is right, a flat rate padded envelope should only be 5.95. Now a priority padded envelope could be 8.75 depending on weight.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

$5.95 and that includes tracking, I would talk to the postmaster, my local PO was overcharging me and after talking to the postmaster it stopped.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

QKO
    Were you charged that at the post office? If so, and if it's a flat rate padded envelope, it should be $5.95. Here's a handy postage calculator from the post office. http://postcalc.usps.com/

If you were charged that by an online shop, remember that postage often includes charges for cutting, packing, labor, etc.

I didn't mail my package from the post office . I took it to a convenience store that does mailing. I did stop down there this morning and the same gal was working there and remembered me. She said she couldn't give me a refund; but the representative for their postal station would be coming in soon and she would talk to her about it. She made a copy of my receipt and took my phone number. She had put my package on the scale and weighed it and charged me by the weight. I did get a call back from her this afternoon , saying that she had made a mistake and they have my over charge there for me to pick up. So thank you so much for your help. Sometimes I forget that I need to keep an eye on everything.

Blog Entries
    wonderful!!!

Good thing you asked! I know that the flat rate padded envelope costs a bit more to mail then the flat rate cardboard envelope.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast