posting picturres

Old 08-28-2010, 05:08 PM

DH and I are having a hard time posting pics on the FWS threads. I haven't posted any other pics of quilts till I can conquer this problem. We get the pic into the computer, try and follow Administration steps , nothing happens. All of a sudden its there and we don't know what we did. It took us an hour today, there is some silly little thing we are not doing. We are "Vista" challenged. Does this sound familar to anyone???
Old 08-28-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by shamrock
DH and I are having a hard time posting pics on the FWS threads. I haven't posted any other pics of quilts till I can conquer this problem. We get the pic into the computer, try and follow Administration steps , nothing happens. All of a sudden its there and we don't know what we did. It took us an hour today, there is some silly little thing we are not doing. We are "Vista" challenged. Does this sound familar to anyone???
Whe I first started posting pics, it took 10 attempts before the pic showed up. Didn't do anythig diffrent then to what I do now, except I now wait until the pic has loaded onto site before changing screens.Maybe that wa it all along, at least for me. Keep persevering.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:43 PM

I'm also Vista-challenged! It took me a few tries also but what I finally figured out: go to the FWS site that you want to post on, type your message, click Add New Attachment, click browse and go to the pic you want and click on it. Then you have to wait. I thought it was instant but it takes awhile to load.
I hope this helps and I hope I made sense; I think this is what Lindyline was saying too--you have to be patient (which I'm usually not LOL)
Good luck-let me know if this works. (I'm ok with a computer but certainly not an expert!)
Old 08-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Power Poster

my middle granddtr. but i don't have Vista myself so can't say what the problem is.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106600.jpe  
Old 08-28-2010, 06:34 PM

When I post a picture it does take a while. I'm always sitting there thinking maybe I did something wrong, but if I just wait long enough it does show up.