Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Presents for the guys

Blog Entries

Presents for the guys

I have no problem making Christmas presents for my daughters and daughters in law, but have no idea what to make for the guys or the male grandchildren. I do not want to make quilts at this time. They have them already.
    Do you have any suggestions of things to make for the guys in the family?

Tote bags that hold computers, or tools, or other stuff, depending on what the guys do. Hey, this makes me think.... has anyone seen electronic motifs for sale in fabric shops?

No ideas, unless you knit sweaters or scraves. Crochet scarves or hats. Maybe sew them PJ pants.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

My boys loved boxer shorts out of wild fabrics until they were 13 or 14. I used the Kwiksew pattern. For older men, I have made wine bottle holders (with a bottle in it of course!) and camo mug rugs. If they travel, handle wraps for luggage work well too. I also made fleece socks one year hat all the guys like. Only works with a serger that can flat lock though.

Pam
    Last edited by CanoePam; 10-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I once made my husband a divided quilted pouch to keep all of his wood files in. He wanted it to help keep the files sharp.

Any man that has an e-reader or laptop might like a case.

Sadly, sometimes there are people you just can't make gifts for.

Power Poster
    An over the easy chair arm remote control caddy? A carrier for fireplace logs? Guys are hard to sew for aren't they?

Last year I made man size totes in camo fabric - woodsy fabric - fish - and also some in their licensed college fabrics. The guys with trucks seemed to like and use the bags for stuff they don't want shifting around in the truck. One year I made a camo apron and hot pads for deer camp.

Blog Entries
    My husband and boys love sport pillow cases. They all use the standard pillows but have kings size sheets. so they love the custom pillow cases.

Blog Entries
    I put breast pockets on sweat shirts for my geeky guys - they love it - then they don't have to reach inside the neck of the sweatshirt to reach their pens... LOL
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Make the boys some sort of Backpack . I have several grandsons though I have not made any for them my DD has bought some for them and they love them great to take with for sleepovers, or on trips with extra stuff in them for the guys well that is always a problem! Are they involved in any sports, hobbies ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast