Printer ink

Old 11-04-2016, 03:29 AM

The same thing happened with us when we tried to use something other than HP cartridges
Old 11-04-2016, 04:58 AM

I read that you shouldn't use the non-branded inks and my printer certainly mentions that I've installed the "correct" HP cartridge. I get mine at BJ's, which offers $20 off coupons several times a year.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:47 AM

With my old printer I used recycled cartridges that were super cheap. I used to order several at a time, but several of them leaked into the plastic bag. After that happened several times I figured the final cost was probably the same as the store. My complaint is my local Wal-Mart is often out of the number that I need. The regular price a WM is about the same as Staples with a coupon.
Sue
Old 11-04-2016, 08:52 AM

I have been using refilled for several years and never had a problem. There is a store near me that refills cartridges and I have never had a problem. I have also bought non-branded from Fred Meyer store and have had good success with them as well. Mine printer uses 2 black and 3 color cartridges and I can buy 4 cartridges for the price of one of the name brand for my printer.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:24 AM

I bought a Brother black and white laser printer several years ago and dumped the color printer. I really just don't need a color printer.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:56 PM

Mostly I buy the refilled cartridges from 123 Inkjets online & always get the XL which has more ink in them than the regular I guess. They seem to last a long time. I had trouble one time with the color cartridge. My printer wouldn't recognize it but they replaced it & all was good. I tried several years ago to refill my own with a kit. I would never do that again. Waste of money. I am really satisfied with the refills though that I get from them. Also when my printer says the ink is low, I can still use it for a long time after.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:17 PM

I do not trust refilled or off brand ink cartridges for my printers. I've always used HP printers and have had no problems - but the price gets a bit scared. And I will never buy a printer that uses 3 colors in one cartridge - you end up throwing out good ink because one goes empty faster. My old HP uses 02 ink and I'm having a problem finding it anymore - I'll have to to HP pretty soon to get it as the printer is at least 6 years old. The ePrinter upstairs (really handy with an iPad) uses individual cartridges and they are pretty reasonable. I got a screaming deal a few years ago in a Black Friday price of $49 and it's a gem. Guess they're mostly all going ePrint nowadays.

Oh oh and one other thing about HP inks - each time you change a cartridge you get a new print head. At one time other brands required a person to clean the print heads - not sure about now but I still trust HP - just purchased an All-in-One computer a couple weeks that is fabulous.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 11-04-2016, 06:50 PM

I, too, had a time trying to use refilled cartridges. I buy only new ones now and am selective as to what I print.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:10 PM

I use the Cannon ink--tried the generic brand but husband uses photoshop and he prefers the name brand.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I have used the refilled cartridges before but wasn't really happy with them. They don't seem to have as much ink but that may be my imagination. I went back to HP XL cartridges from Office Depot. Occasionally they give great coupons, still expensive but at least with the XL sizes I don't have to purchase as often.
This has been my experience also.