Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The "I DON'T WANNAS" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22i-dont-wannas%22-t19949.html)

tlrnhi 05-10-2009 04:36 PM

I have a case of the I DON'T WANNA'S.
I just want to sit and do nothing. Sounds terrible, huh?
I have a baby quilt that needs backing and batting, baby FINALLY born. I did manage to get her name embroidered on it.
I have a wedding quilt that needs the same done.
My room needs picking up.
Dining table needs cleaning off again...as usual.
Vacuuming needs to be done and kitchen needs wiping down.
I DON'T WANNA DO ANY OF IT!!!
Is that so bad???

sewjoyce 05-10-2009 04:50 PM

Nope -- not in my book! Besides if you do all that stuff, it just has to be redone again in the near future!! My new retirement motto: "Don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow!" :wink:

Blue Bell 05-10-2009 04:53 PM

Sewjoyce,
I agree, that is an excellent motto. I am a procrastinator. It works for me!
Blue Bell

Ducky 05-10-2009 04:54 PM

Oh, M'Dear, you'd be appalled at my house because I've been in the "I Don't Wanna" phase for a couple of months now. Can't get out of it. Can't seem to get motivated by anything. But I've also gotten to the point in my life that I will survive if the kitchen isn't wiped down, or the dining room table needs to be cleared off, or any other countless number of things. Things get done when they need to get done. Just my own motto.

Up North 05-10-2009 05:03 PM

The past few months here have been " i don't wanna" too! Sometimess I say WHY no one notices if it is tidy only if it is a mess! even the sewing room is a disaster right now BUT I don't even care! I think we all go through these times! Maybe when you move things will pick up?!!

tlrnhi 05-10-2009 05:46 PM

Well, the ONLY thing I WANNA do is the Hugs and Kisses quilt. BUT...I have to wait for the blocks to come!

Well, I did get the table cleared off. So, that's one thing down. I have to wait for hubby to come home to pull out my roll of batting from the closet. There are heavy boxes/bins in front of it and I am FORBIDDEN to move them. SUCKS!!

adyldrop 05-10-2009 08:00 PM

forbidden? why? what did you do now? i know the i don't wanna's. I've been suffering from them a lot. The few chances I get to sew I don't wanna and at work all i wanna do is leave to go sew!! Grrr!! I've been squaring up blocks the last 2 nights. Only about 30ish so to go. It's tedious but I'm quite certain I'll like the end results better. I really need to go to bed now but.....I don't wanna!!! LOL. Watch me fall asleep over my machine. OOh boy talk about a crick in the neck!!

tlrnhi 05-10-2009 08:12 PM

Hubby doesn't want me to hurt myself. Silly man! lol

grammo013 05-10-2009 09:43 PM

Wow and I thought I was the only one. I am going to have a stern talk with myself and get back into gear lol. Better make my punishment strong so I will listen to myself.

SulaBug 05-10-2009 10:18 PM

You "Don't Wanna Do", "You Don't Have To Do"!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D