Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   10 Days in Beautiful Destin, Florida (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/10-days-beautiful-destin-florida-t1689.html)

Carla P 08-03-2007 04:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Took these a couple of weeks ago on vacation... It was paradise!!! The first picture is the setting for a wedding we had the privilege of witnessing while there... It was beautiful!! The fellow was being deployed the following week from Eglin AFB. In the second picture, I have no idea who that boy is... Daughter #2 was a bit smitten with him, so I guess she snapped his picture. :lol: Pic #3... well, who doesn't love a good sunset!!

Set up for a Sunset Wedding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1230[/ATTACH]

Destin, FL 2007 Heaven on Earth!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1231[/ATTACH]

Sunset on the Beach... Aaahhh... Peaceful Tranquility....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1232[/ATTACH]

kathy 08-03-2007 05:17 AM

OH! Carla, I'm drooling all over my keyboard! I never get to go ANYWHERE! It's beautiful, too bad you had to come home.

Carla P 08-03-2007 05:31 AM

I was so depressed the last day we were there!! (Maybe I should have taken up drinking so I would have passed out & they would have left me!! :lol: Man, I should have thought of that then!!) I told my DH he would just have to leave without me!!!! He just laughed... :shock: I was serious... really...

:lol:

He took us for my & Daughter #2 b'days... It doesn't get better than that!! Oh Kathy, I REALLY hope you get to go some time... Pictures can't do it justice!! (Quiltmaker101 lives pretty close to where I took these pics. Sorry Wendy... I forgot your # at home :( ) You walk out on that beach & it takes your breath away because it is so beautiful!!! I will move there one day... I will! I will! I will! :lol:

SandraJennings 08-03-2007 10:57 AM

Beautiful......sun, sand, surf, and so much more. Need a zoom on the pic of the guy though..... :lol:

tia sarah 08-03-2007 11:08 AM

wow carla what can i say .you've got some awesome pic.

tia sarah 08-03-2007 11:09 AM

oh yeah zoom in next time on pic. #2. would like to see what florida has

lin 08-03-2007 11:31 AM

Omg that sand looks as pure as snow! I'm glad you had such a good time, and I can't imagine it was easy to leave such a beautiful place.

quiltmaker101 08-03-2007 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Carla P
I was so depressed the last day we were there!! (Maybe I should have taken up drinking so I would have passed out & they would have left me!! :lol: Man, I should have thought of that then!!) I told my DH he would just have to leave without me!!!! He just laughed... :shock: I was serious... really...

:lol:

He took us for my & Daughter #2 b'days... It doesn't get better than that!! Oh Kathy, I REALLY hope you get to go some time... Pictures can't do it justice!! (Quiltmaker101 lives pretty close to where I took these pics. Sorry Wendy... I forgot your # at home :( ) You walk out on that beach & it takes your breath away because it is so beautiful!!! I will move there one day... I will! I will! I will! :lol:

Carla, you were so close and we didn't get to visit!? Come on back! This weekend is the Bushwacker Festival here in Pensacola Beach - we can get loaded together. I've never had a Bushwacker, but everyone says since I love Mudslides, I have to try one.

I don't think any beaches are prettier than Pensacola's, but Destin is a close 2nd. :wink:

Catherine 08-03-2007 01:49 PM

Yes, isn't Destin beautiful!!! We lived there, walking distance to the beach, once ,right on it for almost ten years. Oh how I hated to come back to Kentucky!!!! but we did, family here.... our sons learned how to swim in the ocean, they were like little dolphins!!! It was amazing and fun 10 years. Little did we, or our youngest son know then, that Hurlburt Airforce base, next to Eglin, would be his home for 6 years as an Airman, that's where my granddaughter was born..now they are all in KS. Love the pics, that wedding scene you see often there..everyone wants to get married on the beach. My son and his wife were married at Corpus Christi Catholic Church there two years ago... a day early because of hurricane Dennis!!!!.wow, listen to me go on.....thanks for sharing...now I want to go pick up a CD with sounds of the ocean..... 8)

Carla P 08-03-2007 01:51 PM

I'm glad you all like the pics... Hope they made your day better. As far as pic # 2, :roll: well, the legality of his age was questionable, so I'm not pushing my luck. :lol:

Wendy, in my defense, it was about 10:00 pm when we came through Pensacola, & pouring, blinding rain when we left. I felt so bad when I got there & realized I had no way to contact you. I have no idea what a Bushwacker is, but if it gets me back to FL, I'm on it!!! Let me grab my purse... Ooops! Dropped my phone... oh darn, nobody will be able to find me... :lol: :lol: Yeah right!! Honestly, we are planning a trip back in October for some off-shore fishing. I can't wait!!!! :D