Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   35th Anniversary (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/35th-anniversary-t218361.html)

2manyhobbies 04-05-2013 06:14 PM

35th Anniversary

I'm just curious. If you hit this milestone, what did you receive from your husband, or did you do something special?

QuiltnLady1 04-05-2013 06:18 PM

We went out to dinner at a nice resturant (we do that every anniversary -- now up to 45) -- we don't give each other gifts for our anniversary.

mythreesuns 04-05-2013 06:24 PM

We did a special gift for our 25th... we both love to fish, so we bought a brand new fishing boat/trailer etc.. our 35th is this July 1st... and I don't think we will do anything special..including not even going out to eat. My DH birthday is July 5th and our entire family gathers for 4th of July...normally about 75 to 100 people show up to our cabin.

DogHouseMom 04-05-2013 07:09 PM

Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire :)

Anniedeb 04-05-2013 09:03 PM

We usually do special dinners, with our sons, and DIL. Our son and DIL's anniversary is the day before ours, so it truly is a celebration...there have been times though that we haven't celebrated at all...my father was terminally ill at the time of our 25th, so we completely spaced celebrating out. Our 38th is this summer....now you have me thinking.....

my-ty 04-06-2013 04:02 AM

Celebrate it! Life is too short, to not celebrate our milestones. How you choose to celebrate depends entirely on both of you. Some couples celebrate with huge gatherings, some believe it should be only the couple celebrating. Some couples exchange huge gifts, while others exchange kisses. I know couples that never exchange gifts, and use the money for a trip instead. Talk it over with your spouse.

We celebrate every Anniversary with our immediate family, after all they would not be here if the marriage didn't happen! When the kids were small, we encouraged our kids to give Anniversary gifts to us, with the idea of the thought is what counts. Over the years, we have received many interesting and unique gifts from them and all are treasured.

germanquilter 04-06-2013 05:16 AM

We usually go out to dinner on our Anniversary with our children. Gifts have been sporadic throughout the years so I have always told my hubby half-jokingly that I wanted a really nice anniversary band for my 25th Anniversary. Well, the 25th Anniversary was nigh so we went to a jeweler to check on those nice anniversary bands.....and after hearing that they cost $2500 and up for what I had in mind, we ended up buying a new leather couch for the living room instead :) Celebrating our 28th this October....Congratulations on your upcoming 35th!!!

kateyb 04-06-2013 05:16 AM

We usually go out to dinner at a really nice place. There have been a few we didn't have any extra money and didn't. For one of those times I made a nice dinner and his favorite cheesecake and he wrote me a poem.

mighty 04-06-2013 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5981023)
Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire :)

That is so funny!!! You made my day!!!!!

oma66 04-06-2013 07:24 AM

To celebrate we went on a cruise to Alaska. It was a wonderful celebration and the memories last a life time.