Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   ? about the 2017 Fab Shop Hop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/about-2017-fab-shop-hop-t286827.html)

osewme 03-15-2017 01:30 PM

? about the 2017 Fab Shop Hop

I've always wanted to try the Fab Shop Hop. It looks like fun & I can learn a lot more about online shops. However, I have always been afraid that if I sign up and visit all those shops that I will be inundated with emails or phone calls or mail from them. I sort of relate it to going to a trade show & signing up for a free prize & the next thing you know you are getting mail & phone calls from the organization. Is that the case with the Shop Hop? I just want to visit the shops & find the bunny & have a good time. What have some of you experienced by joining in the hop. Also, can you shop hop each month or only once a year?

Jaiade 03-15-2017 01:43 PM

I did the hop many years ago and enjoyed it very much. Back then you verified you found the bunny by your email and you received an email and yes your email became full of how ever many bunnies you found. I created a new email just for the hop. And you can delete all the emails. And you will receive other emails from some of the shops and the hop itself. BTW I did win sometimes and it is time consuming.

cashs_mom 03-15-2017 03:18 PM

I've done the shop hop the last 3 months. I don't get any emails or phone calls. No solicitation at all. It's a month by month thing. Starts new every month. I love it! :)

NJ Quilter 03-16-2017 03:49 AM

I haven't done it in several years but I do not recall tons of email and certainly no phone calls. It is fun and can be quite informative about the various online shops. If you're worried about email - you can always create a yahoo/gmail/hotmail account specifically for those type things that you can then either ignore or visit infrequently and clean out.

redstilettos 03-16-2017 03:57 AM

Jaiade is right. The only email you will get is the confirmation that you successfully found the bunny. A quick delete and that's it. Of course, if you sign up for any of the shop's newsletters that would be a different story.

I've only participated the last few months, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Enjoy!

vivoaks 03-16-2017 11:04 AM

I've done the Fabshophop since the very beginning, and I've won lots of times. I've even won a second prize twice! (You get 4 yards of fabric in the mail!). It IS time consuming, but the more you do it, you learn where certain shops always put it, and it gets quicker. Before the recession, there was sometimes 180+ shops, so it's much easier now. Generally speaking, you'll only get emails from the ones that you specifically sign up for.

osewme 03-16-2017 11:05 AM

Since it goes each month, are the shops different each month?

Teddybear Lady 03-16-2017 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=redstilettos;7785133]Jaiade is right. The only email you will get is the confirmation that you successfully found the bunny. A quick delete and that's it. Of course, if you sign up for any of the shop's newsletters that would be a different story.

I have been doing the shop hop for a few years now. It's great fun trying to find the bunny with the hint given. Some are really hard. I've won a lot of $10 gift certificates. I usually buy a yard of something I like, charm packs, and sometimes a ruler. I just won another gift certificate the other day for $10 dollars. I used it to buy a Quick Curve Ruler which was on sale marked down from $24.95 to $19.95. I used my $10 gift certificate so it brought the cost down to $9.95. Shipping was $2.99 for a total of $12.94. I've been wanting this ruler for a while but didn't want to spend that much money on it. I haven't used it yet, but it's here when I get ready. Last time I won, I bought 2 charm packs that were on sale for less than $5.00 so I only payed about $4 dollars and some change. It's a great way to find new online fabric stores too. Almost forgot, once I won a $50.00 gift certificate. I bought yardage with that win. Give it a try it's fun.

Teddybear Lady 03-16-2017 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=Teddybear Lady;7785504]

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 7785133)
Jaiade is right. The only email you will get is the confirmation that you successfully found the bunny. A quick delete and that's it. Of course, if you sign up for any of the shop's newsletters that would be a different story.

I have been doing the shop hop for a few years now. It's great fun trying to find the bunny with the hint given. Some are really hard. I've won a lot of $10 gift certificates. I usually buy a yard of something I like, charm packs, and sometimes a ruler. I just won another gift certificate the other day for $10 dollars. I used it to buy a Quick Curve Ruler which was on sale marked down from $24.95 to $19.95. I used my $10 gift certificate so it brought the cost down to $9.95. Shipping was $2.99 for a total of $12.94. I've been wanting this ruler for a while but didn't want to spend that much money on it. I haven't used it yet, but it's here when I get ready. Last time I won, I bought 2 charm packs that were on sale for less than $5.00 so I only payed about $4 dollars and some change. It's a great way to find new online fabric stores too. Almost forgot, once I won a $50.00 gift certificate. I bought yardage with that win. Give it a try it's fun.

If you get stumped and can't find the bunny, someone on here will help you. I always help if asked.

ctrysass2012 03-16-2017 08:05 PM

I've been doing the Shop Hop for a few yrs. It is fun to see what shops carry in other areas of the country. The only emails I have gotten are to confirm I found the bunny. If you make a purchase you will get emails. A few are challenging to find but you can save them & look after you have found the rest.