Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   to all of you freezing your butts of (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/all-you-freezing-your-butts-t210992.html)

litacats 01-14-2013 06:41 PM

to all of you freezing your butts of

it was forcast to be 32 degrees C, but by 9AM it was already 39 that is over 100 degrees in the old f days, it is now 10 35 am and I just came in from hanging out the washing it is now 42c 102f I just had a coldshower to try to cool down, to top it of we have a cyclone coming down the coast bringing a rain bareing depresion so it is over 55 humidity,
I HATE HOT WEATHER grrr time to sit under the aircon and do some sewing.

tatavw01 01-14-2013 07:04 PM

sending you a little snowflake

nativetexan 01-14-2013 07:08 PM

It's in the single digits here, 4 F. I know, you're very hot. up to 122 degrees. I'd melt!!! as it is, I"m freezing.....

MaryMo 01-14-2013 07:10 PM

As soon as I can find the right box, I'll send you some Artic air. Would you like a snowman or two to go with it?
I wonder if its better than Antartica air.

Tink's Mom 01-14-2013 07:11 PM

I would be happ to send you a nice cold breeze from the Chicago area....I hate the cold and I hate the hot weather....give me 40 - 75 all the time....

kat112000 01-14-2013 07:15 PM

I would love to be in your shoes!

mrsponcho1 01-14-2013 07:44 PM

Weatherman predicting 19 for our low tonight. Our high today was in the high 30's. Last Friday our high was 69. You gotta love Oklahoma weather - never know whether to wear shorts or jeans.....

Chasing Hawk 01-14-2013 07:51 PM

Your such a tease !!!

LOL

We are heading into a warming trend.........should be almost 45 degrees in a few days.

earthwalker 01-14-2013 07:56 PM

I know exactly how you feel as a fellow West Aussie:). We have still not succumbed to the temptation of aircon. We get by with ceiling fans and fortunately a swimming pool.....Last night was a killer.....just before turning in around midnight...hopped in the pool with the dogs even my little Topo dog paddled on the side. Every summer for the last four years my DH has raised the subject of moving "down south". Might just happen if this humidity keeps up.......I can cope with the dry....but humidity, forget it.

cr12cats 01-14-2013 09:07 PM

we heard the aussies are having a horribly hot spell. hope the fires are not where you are.being here in kansas i have found out how spoiled i was about the weather. i was raised in san diego california. the temp was always nice except a few weeks of the santa ana winds that came from the dessert but even then it wasn't to bad cause we just went to the bay or beach which was just a couple of blocks away.and the southern california winters are great. kansas is either real hot and humid like you have now or to cold, as in 29 degrees right now. i'm always "CALIFORNIA DREAMING" these days. Hope the hot stuff passes soon for you. you'd be more than welcome to some of the cold from here if i could.