Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   For all of you texas quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/all-you-texas-quilters-t205690.html)

captlynhall 11-13-2012 06:17 PM

I am a tried and true Texan. Can't say as I have met people that are much different in Oregon, because there are ignorant, bigoted, racist people everywhere I have lived. I just choose to associate myself with those who tend to share my views, and welcome those who do not. Sometimes I learn something. It seems when we get off the stuff that makes us different and just allow ourselves to be people, we can get along just fine. Never actually been to west Texas, but the video showed a beautiful part of my state. Very nicely done.

Carol34446 11-13-2012 07:03 PM

Lived in Texas for a long time, love everything about it except the weather in Ft. Worth. Thanks, will watch it again.

QuickStitch 11-13-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by captlynhall (Post 5655160)
I am a tried and true Texan. Can't say as I have met people that are much different in Oregon, because there are ignorant, bigoted, racist people everywhere I have lived. I just choose to associate myself with those who tend to share my views, and welcome those who do not. Sometimes I learn something. It seems when we get off the stuff that makes us different and just allow ourselves to be people, we can get along just fine. Never actually been to west Texas, but the video showed a beautiful part of my state. Very nicely done.

Very well said from another "born and bred in Texas" gal.

drgranny 11-13-2012 08:53 PM

Wyman still lives at the old jail. However, the windows have been boarded up and he has built more living quarters behind the jail. I think he told my husband that the jail was not stable enough to live in any more. My husband is a photographer and he and Wyman e-mail back and forth. We stopped by his house in Benjamen on our way to Ft.Worth earlier this year but he wasn't at home. I don't know if my DH has met him in person or not. I think Wyman does some photography for Texas TEch or holds workshops there occasionally or something. My DH worked in the Art Dept at TxTech for 10 yrs, retiring about 5 yrs ago.

drgranny 11-13-2012 08:56 PM

I call myself a New Texican because I was born 150 miles away (in New Mexico) from where I live in Texas and I have lived here for 40 something years, over half my life. Got transplanted here by no choosing of my own. So tho I was not born here, I got here as soon as I could.

lil sis 11-14-2012 07:14 AM

Live in East Texas. Never wanted to go to West Texas. Been there, but this makes me want to check it out more. Have family that lives there. Never understood what they saw. Now I know. Love the video.

toodie11 11-14-2012 07:45 PM

Beautiful,

That video was great, it is not about the problems or the people it is about very beautiful country and very talented
artists. thanks for sharing.

ShowMama 11-15-2012 02:13 PM

What a beautiful tribute to HOME!

liking quilting 11-16-2012 07:26 PM

I've never had the chance to visit TX yet, but LOVED the great photography! What a talented man. And beautiful country.