Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   American Airlines ticket scam (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/american-airlines-ticket-scam-t219537.html)

Gladygirl 04-19-2013 01:22 PM

American Airlines ticket scam

I have gotten 3 emails this week supposedly from American Airlines telling me to download the plane ticket I (supposedly) bought to use it. The flights were to Phoenix, Ontario, and Aurora to be used on April 23, 25, and 29--all late evening flights and paid for by credit card. I checked with my credit card co and nothing has been charged to my card as of today. I did not download anything and hope it saved me from getting scammed. I tried sending a seperate email to the sender but it came back as undeliverable. BEWARE AND KEEP THE DELETE BUTTON HANDY.

Gladygirl 04-19-2013 07:28 PM

Got another one tonight--now I'm going to Toledo---wonder where else I'm going to go!!!!

tlrnhi 04-19-2013 08:02 PM

That goes along with the Fedex scam. You get an e-mail saying a package was undeliverable or something like that and they need your info in order to deliver it. General rule of thumb....if it looks too good to be true and/or you know you haven't ordered/bought anything, delete, delete, delete.
Hubby once got an e-mail from a bank stating something about a savings account. He asked me about it and asked him...do you remember us EVER banking with that bank? Well, he got his answer. Now he just deletes them. I get all credit/bank/whatever info to my account, not his.

quiltingcandy 04-19-2013 08:13 PM

I got one today saying I was a member of Ruby's Diner and to down load the coupons for a free something. Just out of curiosity I went to the website of Ruby's Diner to see what their contact info was and it was no where close to the one in the e-mail so I just deleted it. I thought I had signed up for something when I was in there last but that was well over 2 months ago, and it didn't have the typical .com or .net. We need to be careful!

amyjo 04-19-2013 08:28 PM

I got one yesterday telling me that I needed to send some information for updating my PayPal acct. I called Paypal and the gal told me that it was a scam, my acct was good and then I deleted it and she said I should forward it to her. I said sorry done gone. If it comes again I will be forwarding it. I too have been getting a lot of emails about tickets purchased with my credit card and needed to download the ticket. also a bunch from Fed Ex. All scams, Fed Ex leaves a ticket hung on my door if it needs a signature. It also helps that my local Fed Ex guy calls me when he has a pkg to deliver to me. sometimes we meet in Stanley if he doesn't have any other deliveries out my way. Saves him time and he can get home early.

janedee 04-19-2013 08:29 PM

I have had Fedex and Airline tickets emails, they go straight to my spam box - don't ever open them as they can contain a virus or so I have been told

b.zang 04-19-2013 08:32 PM

I wonder if they come from our address on this site. I have a few addresses that I use in various places and have been getting this same airline message to the address used here. Didn't open it, as I knew I hadn't placed an order.

solstice3 04-21-2013 05:00 AM

That's a major shop hop they have going ;-) glad you caught it

materialgrl 04-21-2013 06:12 AM

Got one to I called my bank and put an alert on my acct. Not going any where. I have overdraft protection so if they tried to ,it would have gone through.I wonder if its connecting threads. I still get popups on my phone saying not a secure site

WMD926 04-21-2013 06:23 AM

Remember you can always block them so that you don't get those annoying fisher emails. So frustrating when they come into your inbox.